OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Using PF3 with X-Plane + World Traffic 3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Using PF3 with X-Plane + World Traffic 3
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:32 pm

I don't think I can be the only one who, although very grateful for the years of pleasure I got from FS9 (and to a far lesser extent, FSX!), has realised that even FSX is now old technology and that the ever-developing X-Plane (now v.11.21) brings levels of sophistication undreamed of in the Microsoft sim. I have flown nothing else for almost a year now and feel I have hardly scratched the surface of its possibilities...

The one programme that I very much want to keep from MSFS though is PF3 - another developing bit of software. I am sure that Dave M must share my views on X-Plane (at least I hope he does, to some extent at least!) and be looking for ways to further allow PF3 to work with that programme. With the installation of the (third-party) PFEtoXplane plugin, many things in PF3 work just as they did in FS9 (although updating the PF3 database for XP is still not possible via PF3).

Well, I would like to ask what steps (I understand there are some?) are being taken to integrate PF3 with World Traffic 3 (AI traffic programme in X-Plane). WT3 does have its own ATC element, but since I am very keen to stick with PF3 (the loss of FDC when I moved to XP was enough!) I am hoping that some things are being worked on. For instance, WT3 and PF3 do not 'speak to each other', so that PF3 clears me onto occupied runways, or AI traffic from WT3 lands and takes off oblivious to the fact that my aircraft is on the runway.

If there is currently a way to fix this latter issue that I am unaware of, I'd be grateful to know what it is. I also hope that others who use PF3 would also appreciate it working as fully as possible in XP11 and its addons, 'cos if I am about the only one here who has switched to XP11 (surely not!) then things don't look too good for me! PF3 is like an old friend in a new environment (i.e. X-Plane) and I really would hate to lose it to WT3's ATC (which may be brilliant as far as I know - I haven't tried it).

Many thanks!

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Using PF3 with X-Plane + World Traffic 3
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:49 pm
Site Admin

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately I currently have no plans to make a fully compatible version of PF3 that will work with X-Plane. In fact I simply would not know where to start. As you know, PF3 works as well as it does with FS9/FSX/P3D simply due to the programming expertise of Pete Dowson in his FSUIPC module, without which so many of the well loved FS addons would cease to exist. Such interfacing is beyond my level of expertise and as such we will have to wait and hope some aspiring developer will provide a similar module for X-Plane in the not too distant future.

Sorry if I've dampened your spirits. ;)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:35 pm

That's OK Dave, I kind of guessed that that would be the case. But maybe you are in the best position to approach people who, as you say, might be interested in developing this further?

Meanwhile, I might (??) be able to run WT3 ATC in a kind of 'silent mode', so that AI traffic won't behave as if my user plane doesn't exist - I'd have to ask on the WT3 forum about that.

Martin ;)

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:02 pm

I suspect the problem with X plane is that they still have a relatively tiny market share compared to FSX-P3D. Not attractive to many developers.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Starrfoxx
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:31 am

I'm using ProFlight Emulator with my XP11 and WT3 combo. What I try to do is let the controller from PFE tell me which runway to go to, and then I'll use the keyboard shortcut with WT3 to contact the ATC on which runway I want to take off from. It's far from a perfect solution, and I'm not even sure if it works at all. I bought WT3 not too long ago, so I haven't had a lot of flights to fully test it out with PFE yet.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:47 am

Quote:
then I'll use the keyboard shortcut with WT3 to contact the ATC on which runway I want to take off from
I've never used WT3 ATC - could you kindly explain exactly how you do this? It sounds better than nothing, certainly! Many thanks.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: