OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

TGS at arrival airport

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Dave March
Post subject: Re: TGS at arrival airport
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:32 pm
Site Admin

No that is not correct. The problem is 'probably' a bad AFCAD. If all the gates are in use (for the size you specify) OR PF3 cannot find a fully 'connected' path to a vacant gate you will receive 'Taxi to Terminal' as the default backup.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:41 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sun May 27, 2018 9:32 pm
No that is not correct. The problem is 'probably' a bad AFCAD. If all the gates are in use (for the size you specify) OR PF3 cannot find a fully 'connected' path to a vacant gate you will receive 'Taxi to Terminal' as the default backup.
Tried 8 different airports so far, all the same issue. Don't have any other problems with other ATC program when landing. If I specify a gate, it take me right there.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:36 pm

I flew into Atlanta airport again just now, and I selected a Gate while on approach in the PF3 menu.

When I contacted ground, they directed me to the correct gate and TGS came right on. Only time i have had this happen on multiple airports is when I selected a gate . Rest of flight was perfect. :D

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(449.97 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:42 am

Try the following and see if there is any effect: Options #1 screen, TGS section (on left), select "Gate Small" from the drop-down list. Also, de-select (uncheck) the Gate Parking Only option on the Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks screen.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:49 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Mon May 28, 2018 12:42 am
Try the following and see if there is any effect: Options #1 screen, TGS section (on left), select "Gate Small" from the drop-down list. Also, de-select (uncheck) the Gate Parking Only option on the Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks screen.
Will do.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:49 am
Site Admin

bobsk8 wrote: *  Sun May 27, 2018 8:56 pm
Just flew into KATL which had hundreds of empty gates. Was told to Taxi to the ramp and no TGS. So am I correct in thinking that unless you specify a gate where you want to go to with the PF3 menu, you will never get a Taxi to the gate from ATC, because I have yet to get one ?
There seems to be a problem with your PF3_p3d_gates.dat file. If you want to zip and attach it I'll take a look. Then you might want to rerun MakeRwys and refresh the PF3 database.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:59 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Mon May 28, 2018 10:49 am
bobsk8 wrote: *  Sun May 27, 2018 8:56 pm
Just flew into KATL which had hundreds of empty gates. Was told to Taxi to the ramp and no TGS. So am I correct in thinking that unless you specify a gate where you want to go to with the PF3 menu, you will never get a Taxi to the gate from ATC, because I have yet to get one ?
There seems to be a problem with your PF3_p3d_gates.dat file. If you want to zip and attach it I'll take a look. Then you might want to rerun MakeRwys and refresh the PF3 database.
Here it is.

Attachments
PF3_P3D_Gates.zip
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 114 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:09 pm
Site Admin

I scanned it quickly by eye but couldn't see anything obvious, but this is definitely why you aren't getting taxi instructions. Have you tried rerunning MakeRwys and refreshing the PF3 DB?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:52 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Mon May 28, 2018 2:09 pm
I scanned it quickly by eye but couldn't see anything obvious, but this is definitely why you aren't getting taxi instructions. Have you tried rerunning MakeRwys and refreshing the PF3 DB?
I reran everything this morning ( I believe I had done that within the last week or so also). Flying now, with the changes recommended by Dan 77 in post above. Will report results.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Flew into a new airport, KGNV, that I had never been to before after making changes suggested. Landed, contacted ground, TGS came on after getting cleared to a gate. Since I had run make runways about week ago as well as updating PF3 data, I am sure that selecting "Gate Small" as Dan suggested, is what fixed this issue for me. ( I had already toggled Gate Parking Only setting off and on a few days ago).

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: