OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Disable runway change

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
mllgrennman
Post subject: Disable runway change
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Is there a way to disable the live runway change feature? ATC changed my runway 3 times during the approach. I still like the assignment by wind direction, but too many changes in a short time gets messy.

Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Disable runway change
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Three times sounds like a lot. If you still have the log you may want to zip and post it. It would be interesting to see the reason for the changes. A change may be due to AI activity (AI detected using a different runway than PF3 initially assigned) but again, three times is a lot. Also if you don't want to accept the change you can request the original runway.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mllgrennman
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Sorry I don't have the log any more...I guess requesting the original runway is an option...But it's an extra step during a very busy time, and I don't want to argue with ATC!

Maybe a "disable runway change" feature could be in an update.

Thanks for responding.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:48 pm

One more thought: Check the settings in your weather program, particularly wind-lock settings. Some users have experienced multiple runway changes due to rapid or repeated wind shifts at the destination airport, and adjusting the settings in the weather program may help. See below:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2215#p12799

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mllgrennman
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Yes...I'm blaming Active Sky!

I have it set to real world weather...so (theoretically) manual settings should not be relevant.

If that is what the wind is doing in real life...Then bring it on!

It's more the PF3 multiple runway changes that make it a pain.

Disable runway changes would be a cool option.

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Dave did say he was going to look into capping the amount of runway changes some time ago. I always pull a face when I see winds in either North or South directions. An awful lot of UK runways are East West orientated which often results in mayhem. Over riding the instruction from ATC can be fun when on final just to see an AI taking off straight at you. If only the FSUIPC zapper worked in the air. Still, if my passengers want to fly on a budget airline......so be it....expect a bit of excitement now and then. It's surprising how agile a 737 can be, when needed. :lol:

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mllgrennman
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 pm

I have take it up with Active Sky...How real is the real world setting.

Profile Quote
massimo390
Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:09 pm

mllgrennman wrote: *  Thu May 17, 2018 1:51 pm
Is there a way to disable the live runway change feature? ATC changed my runway 3 times during the approach. I still like the assignment by wind direction, but too many changes in a short time gets messy.

Thanks.
I think it's related to lihht variable winds but I suggest, if pf3 detects these conditions just stick to the first rwy assigned and if a new METAR wind change consistently like from VRB 03 KTS to say 15010KTS then change rwy assignment

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:02 pm

Rather than start a new thread....

Is it possible for Dave to have PF3 at least limit itself to one runway change per flight (and that just very occasionally!) so that repeated change instructions just can't happen? I still get more than one change from time to time... today the second change came when I was already descending on the glideslope. In Mode 2, the ILS frequency changed automatically and the a/c suddenly changed course - I managed to land OK manually you'll all be happy to learn :)

This can't be due to wind changes, as I am not using real-world weather and the winds are fixed. In any case, the change was from Rwy 27 (VIDP) to Rwy 29 (and then back to Rwy27 again). (In all the confusion I even forgot to contact tower when established on the ILS!).

If there were a checkbox to disable all runway changes, I'd probably use it: when you have set up a flight with a STAR and the runway change comes when you are approaching or even on the G/S, it's not even possible to set a new approach/STAR in the time left: mostly I have to turn off the A/P and fly in manually. AFAIK, in the real world, ATC doesn't give runway changes this late in the day.

If after that, you comply - and then ATC changes its mind back again, there's some mild cursing goes on here, I can tell you! ;)

Thanks,

Martin

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(469.51 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:24 pm

You can now set the number of times PF3 will recheck for an active runway, or set it at 0 if you wish. See Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks screen, Approach section (at left).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: