OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Disable runway change
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:51 pm 

Is there a way to disable the live runway change feature? ATC changed my runway 3 times during the approach. I still like the assignment by wind direction, but too many changes in a short time gets messy.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:40 pm 

Three times sounds like a lot. If you still have the log you may want to zip and post it. It would be interesting to see the reason for the changes. A change may be due to AI activity (AI detected using a different runway than PF3 initially assigned) but again, three times is a lot. Also if you don't want to accept the change you can request the original runway.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:04 pm 

Sorry I don't have the log any more...I guess requesting the original runway is an option...But it's an extra step during a very busy time, and I don't want to argue with ATC!

Maybe a "disable runway change" feature could be in an update.

Thanks for responding.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:48 pm 

One more thought: Check the settings in your weather program, particularly wind-lock settings. Some users have experienced multiple runway changes due to rapid or repeated wind shifts at the destination airport, and adjusting the settings in the weather program may help. See below:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2215#p12799

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:55 pm 

Yes...I'm blaming Active Sky!

I have it set to real world weather...so (theoretically) manual settings should not be relevant.

If that is what the wind is doing in real life...Then bring it on!

It's more the PF3 multiple runway changes that make it a pain.

Disable runway changes would be a cool option.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:50 pm 

Dave did say he was going to look into capping the amount of runway changes some time ago. I always pull a face when I see winds in either North or South directions. An awful lot of UK runways are East West orientated which often results in mayhem. Over riding the instruction from ATC can be fun when on final just to see an AI taking off straight at you. If only the FSUIPC zapper worked in the air. Still, if my passengers want to fly on a budget airline......so be it....expect a bit of excitement now and then. It's surprising how agile a 737 can be, when needed. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 pm 

I have take it up with Active Sky...How real is the real world setting.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:09 pm 

Quote:
Is there a way to disable the live runway change feature? ATC changed my runway 3 times during the approach. I still like the assignment by wind direction, but too many changes in a short time gets messy.

Thanks.
I think it's related to lihht variable winds but I suggest, if pf3 detects these conditions just stick to the first rwy assigned and if a new METAR wind change consistently like from VRB 03 KTS to say 15010KTS then change rwy assignment