OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 win 10 - cannot load flightplan

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 37 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Tozzifan
Post subject: Re: PF3 win 10 - cannot load flightplan
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:39 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:02 pm
If you installed under an Admin account then try installing the Microsoft DirectX Managed Runtimes, using the following link, as I seem to remember this made a difference for another user with the same problem.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=15478

If you didn't install under Admin please run the installer again
hello,

I have done again everything under Admin rights: same "blockage"
I have installed the Managed Runtimes (the cause of license block issue, as it would not install under win7, where I could not listen the ATC speaking)

same error message, with all flightplans tried: "LOCKED file" in FPP folder

Last edited by Tozzifan on Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

win10, i7-4790k, 32Gb, 2TBSDD, 1080ti, Warthog, Sound Blaster Fatal1ty, TrackIr5, Oculus CV1, Saitek Trim wheel, CH Throttle, Crosswind pedals
P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
Tozzifan
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:49 pm

I tried changing, again, permissions for my C:\prepar3d_v4_PF3_Oncourse folder to full controll for win10user/authenticated user, now the error message has changed to

"there was a problem whilst processing this plan!"

win10, i7-4790k, 32Gb, 2TBSDD, 1080ti, Warthog, Sound Blaster Fatal1ty, TrackIr5, Oculus CV1, Saitek Trim wheel, CH Throttle, Crosswind pedals
P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
cmg344
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi Tozzifan,

It's only an idea.

I have read your post and I have noticed that you recieive a message of "Locked file" under Windows 10.

Well, if you are using Windows Defender Security Center try this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ity-center

In your case, try turning it off.

I recently changed my HDD for a SDD and I had several problems with "locked files" until I turned this option off.

Kind regards,

Carlos

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Tozzifan
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:14 pm

cmg344 wrote: *  Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Well, if you are using Windows Defender Security Center try this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ity-center

In your case, try turning it off.

I recently changed my HDD for a SDD and I had several problems with "locked files" until I turned this option off.
thanks cmg344, yet I already had the <folder control> deactivated, as well as all the p3dv4 (and addons) folders excluded from scan; totally deactivating Windows Defender changes nothing

I am really out of options, as this happens only with PF3, and none of the flightplans (from the same location) tried so far is not readable by other utilities (REXSF, ASP4, PlanG, LittleNavMap, P3d4, FSXSE, ATCpro)

P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
Tozzifan
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:00 pm

further investigation:

attached flight plan 1 is the only one found readable so far

if I then load another one, the "there was a problem whilst processing this plan!" message error appears
if I reload the first good one, it works again
if I try to load two faulty flight plans in a row, then the "LOCKED FILE" error appears, and I have to quit PF3, manually delete the temporary file created into FPP folder
only then, then first good flight plan is readable again

I noticed that, into the FPP folder, the readable YMML-YBBN flight plan has three temporary files created : YMML-YBBN.pln / YMML-YBBN.json / YMML-YBBN.fpp
when I load a "faulty" one, into the FPP folder only one file is created: XXXXXXXX.pln, nothing else

Attachments
YMML-YBBN.rar
flightplan 1
(869 Bytes) Downloaded 186 times

P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:12 pm
Site Admin

Have you validated your PF3 installtion (i.e. Options #2 / Validate your PF3 Installation) ?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Tozzifan
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:37 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:12 pm
Have you validated your PF3 installtion (i.e. Options #2 / Validate your PF3 Installation) ?
yes, every time, after reinstall and after first errors

P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
Tozzifan
Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:15 pm

this time I've tried to deactivate/uninstall/reinstall PF3 on different locations: 1 the default one 2 out of C: default location/partition

no positive results and, again, activation locked again :?: :!: regardless of having received the deactivation confirmation, every time

P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
Tozzifan
Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:27 pm

hello again guys,

to say the least, I'd like a hint or technical answer about why only six of dozens flight plans tried(created in different ways, yet almost all of them readable to all other P3d/FSX utilities) are usable for PF3 : it looks like that sometimes there are just a few flight plans rejected by other utilities too, yet they are a very minority, while with PF3 is happening just the opposite

to refine my question better:

can you at least tell me how (with which instrument) to create a flightplan surely readable by PF3?

P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:19 pm

I think the question is, which flight planner did you use to create the ones that ARE working in PF3? It's difficult to say but in cases where some flight plans work and some don't, there is usually a difference in formatting.

Also some Win 10 users have found that their Windows regional settings can affect the loading of flight plans. I have no idea if this is an issue in your case but wanted to mention it. See

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2725

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 37 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: