OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 win 10 - cannot load flightplan

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 4  [ 37 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Tozzifan
Post subject: Re: PF3 win 10 - cannot load flightplan
Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:28 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Fri May 04, 2018 5:19 pm
I think the question is, which flight planner did you use to create the ones that ARE working in PF3? It's difficult to say but in cases where some flight plans work and some don't, there is usually a difference in formatting.

Also some Win 10 users have found that their Windows regional settings can affect the loading of flight plans. I have no idea if this is an issue in your case but wanted to mention it. See

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2725
I've changed my win10 region to UK, with no results

yet maybe I have a further clue, to submit to you, in this witchcraft: trying to load every flight plan I have, I am noticing that:

- ALL the flightplans over Australia are being loaded
- ALL over Middle East (Seychelles-Maldive-Dubai area) as well
- NONE over North America
- only one (?!) over Europe (so far)

so geography looks like to be a factor, isn't it?

win10, i7-4790k, 32Gb, 2TBSDD, 1080ti, Warthog, Sound Blaster Fatal1ty, TrackIr5, Oculus CV1, Saitek Trim wheel, CH Throttle, Crosswind pedals
P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:52 am
Site Admin

Okay, so now please zip and attach one flight plan that doesn't work and one flight that does. I will try them on my Win 10 system.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Tozzifan
Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sat May 05, 2018 9:52 am
Okay, so now please zip and attach one flight plan that doesn't work and one flight that does. I will try them on my Win 10 system.
thanks

Attachments
Prepar3D v4 Files.zip
(10.65 KiB) Downloaded 166 times

win10, i7-4790k, 32Gb, 2TBSDD, 1080ti, Warthog, Sound Blaster Fatal1ty, TrackIr5, Oculus CV1, Saitek Trim wheel, CH Throttle, Crosswind pedals
P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
Tozzifan
Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:47 am

hello, by the time passed, I guess there are no good news for my northern hemisphere issue ...

P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:01 am
Site Admin

Unfortunately because they all work okay here it's a little difficult to ascertain why you are having such an issue.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
CPCCEO
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Dave, I have the same issue with flightplans. Once in a while, one will work. I am networked with PF3 on one machine and all my P3D V4.2 stuff on the other.
I assume I should re-install again and make sure it is install as admin(which I thought I had done).
I usually use FS Tramp to create flightplans, but I use the default FS planner, when that has failed. But it does not correct the problem most times, in fact rarely; but one time it did.
It is very frustrating and I get impatient and just go back to RC4. But I want PF3 to be my atc program!! I love it when it has worked. I just wonder if I should just reinstall onto my main computer and NOT use a network setup?!?!

Bruce

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Why not give it a try,i use PF3 with Windows 10 Creators Edition just running on one PC and a dual monitor setup using either FSX or FS 2004 for my sim.
When that works try your other setup to see if it solves it, don't forget to run as admin and disable all AV if installed.
Make sure you install into PF3's default directory of C:\FS_Addons

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Tozzifan
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:06 pm

CPCCEO wrote: *  Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:53 pm
Dave, I have the same issue with flightplans. Once in a while, one will work. I am networked with PF3 on one machine and all my P3D V4.2 stuff on the other.
I assume I should re-install again and make sure it is install as admin(which I thought I had done).
I usually use FS Tramp to create flightplans, but I use the default FS planner, when that has failed. But it does not correct the problem most times, in fact rarely; but one time it did.
It is very frustrating and I get impatient and just go back to RC4. But I want PF3 to be my atc program!! I love it when it has worked. I just wonder if I should just reinstall onto my main computer and NOT use a network setup?!?!

Bruce
as my fresh win10 (legal and updated) is also showing - beyond PF3 - incompatibilities in several cases (hardware - Samsung smartphones / USB sticks) (a real anxiety state :) peaks after any major update) , while win7 does not, at this point I presume that there is some kind of lock somewhere which PF3 devs maybe are not aware of, and that does not mean that's their fault, rather I am blaming this OS

P3dv4.3

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:48 pm
Site Admin

So are you saying you can load a flight plan sometimes but then the same one fails to load? There should be any problems running on Win 10... I'm certainly not having any such issues here.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
CPCCEO
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Ok, so last night, I re-installed PF3(as admin, although I thought I had before) and tried again to create a flight plan with FS Tramp and it would NOT load that saved flight plan into PF3 :(
So, I created the EXACT same flight with the default flight planner and it DID load :) Hopefully, I will have continued success, just not with FS Tramp. I will contact the FS Tramp to see if there is some way it can be fixed via their program.

Bruce

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 4  [ 37 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: