OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Assigning destination runway at departure airport?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Assigning destination runway at departure airport?
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 am

Sabre wrote: *  Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 pm
dmarch wrote: *  Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:30 pm
Asking me to 'fix it' assumes you believe something is broken... but it's not! I think you're using P3D? ACARS ATIS uses the FS Kneeboard which is not supported in PF3. In fact it may not even be available period. ACARS ATIS certainly does not display in RemoteText
Why does ATIS work without RemoteText (on a client pc) when on the main screen in P3Dv4.2 then? Yes with some hiccups described in another thread but still works in P3D. So it's not that "period" like full stop.
I smell a confusion about regular ATIS (audio, but closed captions if enabled) and ACARS ATIS (just text, in FSX on the kneeboard) here.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Sabre, how come you added this unrelated question to my thread about flight plan setup? You couldn't start a new one about this? It doesn't cost anything, you know...

Profile Quote
Sabre
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:59 pm

martinlest wrote: *  Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:20 pm
Sabre, how come you added this unrelated question to my thread about flight plan setup? You couldn't start a new one about this? It doesn't cost anything, you know...
Quote:
how to ensure that ATC sends you to the destination runway
- did you ask that first didn't you?

Watching working ACARS could be instrumental to predict which runway to land on, or be ready to override if a different rwy is instructed, this is how. Doesn't cost you anything to chew on it, does it?

However I respect your sensitive privacy here, so I'm leaving this thread.

Cheers,

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:27 pm

.. just that I get e-mail messages saying there's been a reply, so I log on and come to the thread, but the topic you've asked isn't really related to my question. ;)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: