OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Contact tower once off runway

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
bobsk8
Post subject: Contact tower once off runway
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:51 pm

I landed at an airport today ENKB which has a tower frequency but no ground. PF3 told me to contact tower when off runway, but I was already on tower freq. I didn't see any option for getting taxi instructions from the Tower. Is it just assumed that if you don't have a ground freq, when off the active, that is basically the end of any guidance as far as PF3 and you just taxi with pilots discretion, ?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Contact tower once off runway
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:30 am

When there is a Tower frequency and no Ground, Tower handles Ground functions when you are off the runway. Be sure to taxi clear of the runway and then use hotkey 5 to request taxi. If you are departing from a field with Tower and no Clearance or Ground, you should be able to get your clearance and taxi instructions from Tower (Tower handles the Clearance and then Ground functions).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Post subject: Re: Contact tower once off runway
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:12 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:30 am
When there is a Tower frequency and no Ground, Tower handles Ground functions when you are off the runway. Be sure to taxi clear of the runway and then use hotkey 5 to request taxi. If you are departing from a field with Tower and no Clearance or Ground, you should be able to get your clearance and taxi instructions from Tower (Tower handles the Clearance and then Ground functions).
Thanks,,,,

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: