OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Computer broke

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
JohnY
Post subject: Computer broke
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:30 pm

Well, its nice to be back. I was beginning to wonder!

The 'E' disc broke so to have it replaced, I sent it back to the original makers for repair. What a mistake. When I finally got it back, not only had they deleted all my programs, but completely reinstalled Microsoft W10!

Its taken me ages to get everything back on, but I've now it; The whole of the USA and western Europe in photo scenery and soon Orbx Australia & New Zealand.

What I want now as I'm almost ready to fly is to set myself up with PF3 again.

To ensure I get the latest version, I'll buy it again but this is simply to warn Dave that his services may be needed when I get into my usual muddle with FSUIPC and PF3!

Wish me luck.

John

Profile Quote
JohnY
Post subject: Re: Computer broke
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Well, I think I've now bought it twice, firstly with PayPal and secondly with the other one and haven't found a download button once!

So that I can get on, I'll get the trial version and perhaps Dave can sort out the finance thing for me?

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:33 am
Site Admin

John,

You DON'T have to purchase PF3 again to get the latest version and the version you initially download will be exactly the same as the one you originally purchased!!!!

I don't deal with sales at all and it is all automated but if you let me know (via email) how, when and where you purchased I'll look into organizing a refund

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Well, I've now spent too many hours trying to get PF3 back on to my system without success so its back to the default ATC for a while.

Shame. I will miss my young lady co-pilot and the seeming reality of the flying with PF3.

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:09 pm
Site Admin

John,

What on earth is the problem? I sent you a download link. You download it, unzip it, run the installer, confirm a couple of questions and hey presto, it's installed and ready to run!

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi Dave

The download was ok but when I got to install it from the temporary folder as you suggested I got the message that it could not be installed on my computer and I should contact you.

I emailed you but got no reply. I then assumed you were waiting for an update or had given up on me!

Then I got on with installing the rest of my scenery and today is the first day that I have at last got it all on.

I still have the folder with PF3 on but, of course, the password has now long expired. There's also the question of FSUIPC. I've got something but whether its up to date now or not I don't know.

So...what do we do now?

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:51 pm
Site Admin

John,
The password doesn't expire... only the download link... so if you downloaded the installer zip file everything is okay. What you need to do is UNZIP the installer files and you will need the password to do that. Once unzip simply run the main installer file (the EXE file)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Dave, I still have the 'pf3_full_installer_v3.0.0' as you suggested in the temporary folder on my desktop.

When I try to run it all I get is a large blue oblong rectangle which reads in white lettering, I quote;
'This app can't run on your PC,
check with the software publisher'

Then everything freezes up until I delete the message!

By the way I'm running W10 updated regularly and the flight simulator runs fine.

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:30 am
Site Admin

My guess is you haven't unzipped them properly. If you'd like to email me direct and we''l set up a remote support session

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Thanks Dave. I'll do that.

Before I do though I should explain that the P3Dv4.2 ATC has packed up too. It displays but is faded out and doesn't respond to mouse clicks or anything.

I don't know if that affects PF3 in some way but I think I had better re-install P3D to get that working before we try Team Viewer.

So, what I'm trying to say is it might be a couple of days before we can get together.

I really appreciate your offer because I don't think I would ever get it working otherwise.

John

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: