OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

TGS Problem

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: TGS Problem
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:58 am

Hi. I use PF3 now through the (wonderful) X-Plane plugin, as I fly XP11 rather than FS9 or FSX most of the time these days.. I hope it's still OK to post any PF3 problems here.

When I am given taxi to runway instructions and confirm them, PF3 for some reason (even in Mode 0 - i.e. OFF) takes control of my course setting - the course in the cockpit is automatically changed, and in the XP11 B737 at least, I then get a continual clicking sound of the dial being turned - that clicking sound gets stuck and never stops, even after the course has been reset.

However, as soon as I turn off TGS, the clicking stops and I get control of the course button back. If I turn TGS back on, it changes the course heading again and the clicking starts up. I've tried exiting PF3 and starting again, but it still does the same thing as soon as the TGS becomes active.

How come PF3 is controlling settings in the aircraft in this way - no matter what Mode I start in? For now, I have turned TGS off in the options (it's the never-ending dial turn clicking sound that makes this a real problem - the course setting isn't really as once TGS stops at the runway, control is returned). Maybe the log will show something (or whether it is a problem with the plugin rather than PF3 itself)?

Many thanks.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(60.6 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: TGS Problem
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:54 pm
Site Admin

On the Options #1 page under TGS de-select the 'Use HDG Bug' and if that doesn't work de-select 'Visual Guidance'. Not at my PC right now and can't remember which one but one of them uses the CRS to indicate how many taxi waypoints remain

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: TGS Problem
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Since I'd headed the thread 'TGS Problem' I should have thought of that!! Thanks. Turning off the HDG bug seems to have fixed it!

I have another question which is only loosely related to the TGS, so I'll start a new thread for it.

Thanks again Dave.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: