flying from KASE to KDFW yesterday, I encountered a couple of issues. Not sure if they were partly my fault. Here we go:
- Clearance cleared me to an initial altitude of 4000. Aspen sits almost twice as high, so I couldn't comply. This has happened to me at least twice.
That led to ATC bugging me to maintain 4000 until I was able to manually ask for my cruising altitude, which wasn't possible until after I changed Center facility (to Albuquerque Center) the first time. Before that, PF3 simply didn't react to my requests. Didn't get that hand-off, either - ATC went silent, and I changed freqs manually. Probably a follow-up issue of me not digging through the mountains at 4000.
- As always, Departure contacted me right after frequency change, before I could even PTT.
- A number of times, ATC gives an AI aircraft the altimeter setting, only to have it read back with a decimal value changed:
"Airline 1234, descend 1 2 thousand, altimeter 30.25"
"Descend 1 2 thousand on 30.26, Airline 1234"
Edit: Found one:
Roger November 7740 Sierra Continue present heading Altimeter is 3017
3018 November 7740 Sierra
I furthermore have two feature requests:
- Pausing ATC not for a pre-defined amount of time after the first press of PTT / the game key, but during the time the PTT is held down, as this can be longer or shorter than the pre-defined value. Plus, PF3 doesn't seem to react quickly enough to the game key, as I am often talked over, with a small pause following the AI's transmission.
- The end of a SID can't be the beginning of a STAR in PF3. I do think this can happen in the real world.