OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

'Maintain Current heading"??

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dan77
Post subject: Re: 'Maintain Current heading"??
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:11 am

JohnY wrote: *  Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:05 am
I get 'maintain present heading' frequently, in fact most of the time, yet I always then receive a course correction.
This is fine. When PF3 is going to begin issuing vectors at your last waypoint, you will get the "maintain present heading" call, followed by vectors. The situation in this thread is different. It occurs only rarely and is when you have been cleared for an approach at pilot's discretion, then get an inappropriate "maintain present heading" call followed by nothing.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sabre
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:06 pm
This only occurs in rare situations but as a workaround, until this is fixed in an upcoming release: If you get an errant "Maintain current heading" or "Maintain heading xxx" call AFTER you have been cleared for an approach at pilot's discretion, hit hotkey 1 to re-request the clearance at pilot's discretion and ATC should continue normally from that point.
I had that yesterday flying EGLL BPK Q295 CLN L620 REDFA EHAM.
ATC called "Maintain heading 065" AFTER I was cleared for the approach.
Thanks for the work around tip.

Profile Quote
Sabre
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:34 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:11 am
This is fine. When PF3 is going to begin issuing vectors at your last waypoint, you will get the "maintain present heading" call, followed by vectors. The situation in this thread is different. It occurs only rarely
No, not so rarely.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Any 'news' on this? I still have this problem. I suppose it is still on the 'to fix' list Dave? Or maybe you have already fixed it! (How near are we to the next update BTW?).

I noticed something else that shows that there is an oddity here. Even though I am in Mode 2, when ATC either says 'Maintain heading xxx', or 'Maintain current heading', there is never any acknowledgement from the pilot. All other instructions from ATC get a response in Mode 2.

For now, I try to remember to use Dan's workaround, and request clearance at pilot's discretion. If I forget, then I get no more from ATC (as reported originally). When I land, I get 'clear to land' confirmation and so on... PF3 catches up and will after a while recognise I am on the ground. If you need another log, I can upload it.

Martin

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Dave... could you kindly let us know when this old issue (as per your comment earlier here) is going to be fixed again? I keep having flights in which PF3's participation ends with 'Maintain current heading'.. after that no keyboard input produces any response(I am in Mode 2), even when I manually retune my radio, though I do get the little 'beep' to show that the message has gone through OK when I press a key.

An update on the next update, so to speak (which will hopefully 're-fix' this?), would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Some work is in progress on a maintenance release but no idea when it will be ready. In the meantime continue to use the workaround when this happens and you should be able to complete your flight with ATC.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: