OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No descent intructions?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: No descent intructions?
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:25 pm

The past few flights I have had a problem with ATC not giving me any descent instructions. These instructions would usually happen at a waypoint near my TOD: when I pass this and have received nothing, I try checking in to ATC. When I do that, I hear the pilot say "... out of flight level three three zero for flight level one two zero" (for instance), as if the instruction to descend had in fact been given. But the onscreen ATC text record shows that there was nothing. So, late already, I descend. But then after a minute, ATC tells me to maintain FL320 - or whatever my (cruise) flight level is - every few minutes. Confusing.

I haven't posted the log as this is in X-Plane 11, using the PF3 plugin (which mostly works brilliantly and was worth every penny!). First question therefore is, do I need to contact the PFEtoX-Plane guys for all tech problems, or can I ask about PF3/X-Plane issues here too? If OK to ask here, I'll attach my log next time.

This problem only surfaced this week (no updates to programmes or whatever); before that, all was working just fine. Can't think what has happened.

Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: No descent intructions?
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:00 am
Site Admin

Please attach the log and I'll take a look

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Thanks Dave. I deleted the log by mistake it seems - not sure how I managed that! The next time I get the problem (it's happened each flight for the past few days) I'll post the log here.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi again. OK, finally a log file...

Short flight from Guernsey to Southampton. Cruise alt is supposed to be 13000. I am cleared initially to 11000' but when I reach that altitude, I hear nothing else. (By now I 'have an ear', kind of, for when these instructions usually come!). So, to see what might be going on, I check in. As before, the pilot tells ATC that the a/c is 'out of 11000 for 13000' (an instruction that never came).. which is acknowledged by ATC/PF3: when I change centre, that is still OK with ATC. But after a while ATC tells me to 'maintain 11000'. On longer flights, I can wait forever and I won't be cleared further to my cruise altitude. As I think I said before, it's not that I miss the instruction, as nothing appears in the ATC text window when I check that either, asking me to climb further.

Thanks,

Martin

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(450.78 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: