OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No variation in ATC

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
iceman3333
Post subject: No variation in ATC
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Its been about 2 months since i played on P3D and used PF3. I started back using it this week and installed the newest update. I have done 2 flights with it this week and notice something is not right. When i request my IFR clearance ATC always responds by, at first, making a mistake on which airport i am cleared to, then correcting him or herself, then clearing me with a very low initial altitude. Once i start flying and reach my initial altitude ATC slowly clears me to my final altitud in 2000ft increments which is really annoying. Other than that for the descent, STAR, and approach the ATC behaves as it should. I have always flown using the Aerosoft Airbus in P3D and never had a problem like this until now. ATC always gave me different initial altitudes and climbed me differently each flight. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalled and when i try to get my clearance ATC does the same thing every time. The voice will be different but the format will be the same. Is this a bug or is there a problem on my end? Thanks

Attachments
Logs.rar
(19.95 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: No variation in ATC
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:39 pm

You have set a low climb rate (450 fpm), maybe you get the 2000ft increments because of that.

You have set a controller error rate of 3% in Advanced Options of 3%, this should not yield the error all the time. Maybe a problem with the random number generator? This may explain why everything is always the same, too.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
iceman3333
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:09 pm

How do i fix the random number generator? When i made the error to 0 the ATC errors stopped but the initial altitude is still low with the annoying step climbs even though I used an aircraft profile with a high climb rate

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:41 pm
Site Admin

Are you saying the step climbs are always the same? That really doesn't make sense because you also say it didn't used to happen and nothing has changed in that department I can assure you. The only change is the data used and that comes from your flight plan. Does this happen with all flight plans?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 pm

The log seems to be only a partial log so we can't see what happened during the climb, but based on the partial log, there are a few things that may be worth trying. Your first waypoint (EDETH) is 77 miles out. I usually get best results with a first waypoint that is around 20-30 miles from the departure airport. Adding one or two waypoints before EDETH may be worth a try.

Last edited by Dan77 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Maybe a Windows 10 update?

Dave, do you remember the solution for this RNG problem? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2159&p=12545#p12545

[ img ]

Profile Quote
iceman3333
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Yes, i tried different combinations of airplanes and different flight plans with or without a SID. The clearance is always read the same way and my initial altitude is always 2500 - 3000ft AGL. The only thing that changes is the voice and the squawk code, but the person reading my clearance back makes an error every time and corrects him or herself. After being switched to departure ATC climbs me by 2000ft increments up to close to my cruise altitude. I did a flight from KSLC - KPHX from the ground to my cruise altitude just to get a logfile.

Attachments
Logs.rar
(161.3 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:03 pm
Site Admin

ThomasAH wrote: *  Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:38 pm
Maybe a Windows 10 update?

Dave, do you remember the solution for this RNG problem? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2159&p=12545#p12545
No, that was too long ago, but the fix was included in version 3.2.0 which was released in September 2016

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
iceman3333
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:01 am

Good news! I had to restart my computer and since then PF3 has been acting like it should.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: No variation in ATC
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 am
Site Admin

iceman3333 wrote:
Good news! I had to restart my computer and since then PF3 has been acting like it should.
Thanks for letting us know

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: