OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Being not able to get TGS working

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 27 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
wezhei
Post subject: Being not able to get TGS working
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Hello to the community,
The issue I'm facing is, that it is impossible for me to get TGS running. No matter if I try the in-build version (have ticked on all TGS options in the option1 menue)but after getting the taxi clearance nothing happens, nor can I get the Stand alone program working. On teh stand alone I do have a connection via Wide FS and The prog displays that it is connected but no reaction.
I've tried it now 5-6 times with no success. Can some tell me what I'm doing wrong?. Have attached my zipped log folder.
regards
Heinz

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 193 times

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Being not able to get TGS working
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:11 pm

The voice prompt method is the best and has never failed me.
Goto options 1 and check "Use TGS" and "Audio Guidance". Uncheck "Visual guidance" and "Use HDG bug."
Your voice prompt should be the same voice as that of your PO unless you have an FE of course.
Also check "Faster ATC taxi instructions" and "Faster readback of taxi instructions."
Set the variables according to how you wish.

I only use this method as it is in reality the most realistic in that one's crew does have a legal duty to advise you of upcoming taxiways, turns etc.,
This is a good example of voice guided TGS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g185mUtaiSU

[ img ]

Profile Quote
wezhei
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:20 am

Thank you for your quick response vololiberista,
set everything to what you recommended, with no success. Any other idea what PF3 can cause not working with the TGS? Have also attached a screenshot of the stand alone TGS
Heinz

Attachments
[ attachment ]
TGS.JPG (24.66 KiB) Viewed 4692 times

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:27 am

If you had set everything up as I suggested then there is no problem at all. Also other beta testers are reporting that TGS is working in its various forms normally for them. So there is something that you are not doing correctly. Or there is a problem with your afcad which is the most common reason. Unfortunately expensive airport add-ons do not guarantee properly designed afcads. Rather more frequently than one would like.

With the voice TGS set-up you do not use the stand-alone gauge.

I would suggest that you do not use the TGS gauge at all and only use the voice TGS as I have described. Run the same flightplan and pay attention to the responses. Make sure that you face the correct direction after pushback.

If that doesn't work then there is a problem with your afcad not with PF3. If it does work, then after reading the manual carefully set-up the TGS gauge as you desire and repeat the same flightplan. Then we can look at your logs if your problem persists. If though, the problem is with the afcad, PF3 cannot display any errors because it doesn't know. It relies on runways.csv. So whatever that picks up PF3 tries to make sense of as it were. So the old computer maxim would apply "Rubbish in --- Rubbish out."

[ img ]

Profile Quote
wezhei
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:50 am

Have attached a screenshot from my settings and as fas as I can see I did everything as you suggested

I do not have any add-on airport or other scenery installed, so from that point of view P3Dv4.1 is a clean install.

--------quote------
Run the same flightplan and pay attention to the responses. Make sure that you face the correct direction after pushback.
----unquote------
The issue is that in the beginning when PF§ starts sim connect states that TGS is initilised. But as soon as I've got the taxi clearance. I donot see the common TGS activated and do not hear any voice saying anything.

Should I reinstall PF3 (currently i've v. 3.7.2) together with MCE, AS16, and FS Captain) Ussually I'm operating the aerosoft CRJ900. I Tried it with the standard planes too. No difference.
Do you have any more ideas?

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Capture.JPG (94.35 KiB) Viewed 4683 times
[ attachment ]
Capture.JPG (94.35 KiB) Viewed 4683 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:14 am
Site Admin

As a process of elimination please retry without running MCE

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
wezhei
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:33 am

did it, not worked either

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm

wezhei wrote: *  Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:20 am
Thank you for your quick response vololiberista,
set everything to what you recommended, with no success. Any other idea what PF3 can cause not working with the TGS? Have also attached a screenshot of the stand alone TGS
Heinz
if Visual Guidance is not checked than I suppose the gauge will not display directional guidance

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:15 pm

pasterke wrote: *  Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm
if Visual Guidance is not checked than I suppose the gauge will not display directional guidance
But the posted debug log shows
Quote:
[TGS]
TGSOn=1
Visual=1
Audio=1
So it was probably checked at the time of the flight but unchecked later, per Vololiberista's suggestion above.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
wezhei
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Thats correct, I changed the the settings after the log was created

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 27 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: