OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No altitude descent on ILS

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
JohnY
Post subject: No altitude descent on ILS
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm

I've just landed at LIRF Fumicino, Rome and while the aircraft made the correct directions for the runway, it quickly became apparent that it was not losing altitude so I had to land manually. That was ok, but If I'm on ILS I expect the aircraft to more or less put itself down for me.

Any ideas anyone please? Incidentally, the aircraft was the Embraer 550.

Many thanks.

John

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: No altitude descent on ILS
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:38 am

JohnY wrote: *  Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm
I've just landed at LIRF Fumicino, Rome and while the aircraft made the correct directions for the runway, it quickly became apparent that it was not losing altitude so I had to land manually. That was ok, but If I'm on ILS I expect the aircraft to more or less put itself down for me.

Any ideas anyone please? Incidentally, the aircraft was the Embraer 550.

Many thanks.

John
That is not enough information. So we would need to see your log in zip form. In any case once you are on the glide slope only a combination of you and the aircraft autopilot will make the correct decisions for the let down. Neither PF3 nor real ATC will issue any instructions during that phase other than a speed control, landing clearance or a go-around. We will also need to see in zip form the contents of the FPP directory found in the flight directory. We can then check for any problems with your original flight plan. Most commonly users have a fpl that is too high at the arrival point because they don't take into account height and speed restrictions during the approach phase.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Post subject: Re: No altitude descent on ILS
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Thanks for that information Voliberista. I think you've solved it for me. I was a bit slow in getting to the required altitude. I've just done another flight and found I again simply didn't get down quickly enough to catch the Altitude ILS requirement but this time I recognised the problem and did a 'go-around' making sure I got to the beginning of the glide slope in time.

Then it worked.

Thanks again.

John

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: