OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Losing ATC chat during climb

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
JNissen
Post subject: Losing ATC chat during climb
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Dear all

Not sure if this is an issue, but just wanted to put my observation forward.

Just updated to 3.7.1 and have noticed a new situation during the climb profile. In this case, I'm flying out of EFHK. Aircraft is an A343. Yesterday I had to leave the sim and when I came back I could see that there has been no hand over to any control since my last ATC chat where I was told to climb and maintain FL390 (which I did and the bird leveled out before I left the sim).

Today I did the same just to check and the same happened. I already dropped out before FL390 as PF3 seems to be stuck at FL380 - no further ATC chat. I tried to force ATC to bring me on FL390 by requesting a higher altitude - no luck.

I think it can be that I'm using my old profile with a climb rate of 1800. Watching the departure and climb I can see that the A343 seem to climb at around 15-1600. It has not been a problem before, but it now seems as I'm too late and not reaching the right point in the PF3 calculations where it would tell me to climb to my final flight level.

I try later tonight with a climb rate of 1500 in the profile. Zip of log attached.

Regards

Jan

PS. I love the software

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 151 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Losing ATC chat during climb
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:32 pm
Site Admin

In the current log ATC instructed you to climb to FL270 and you just went way, way past it.... all the way to FL390.... you really have to do what ATC tell you to do otherwise you will have problems.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JNissen
Post subject: Re: Losing ATC chat during climb
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Ok - human error, but that doesn't explain why I was stuck at FL380 in my second trial.

Anyway: I'm halfway through my third trial and this worked. As usual a good vectoring and a few step climbs to cruise altitude. I changed the climb profile to reflect the actual climb rate for the A343. So it's properly (as in most cases) a human factor - the software just do what it's told to do.

Thank you for your comment and for this great software.

Jan

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: