OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:21 pm 

I have acquired a new computer and have installed FSX Steam edition. However i am finding trouble trying to use PF3. When i tune ATIS there´s a recording being played on, but it sounds quite strange to me (it mentions stuff related to directions after mentioning the landing and departing runways, like "southwest direction" and similar). I have had a 6 month hiatus on flight simming, but i don´t remember anything like that in PF3 unless there have been some change in the aforementioned timelapse. Seconds after tuning ATIS an error message shows indicating PF3 must close.

I have sent two error logs, and i include another one in this post. I have been using PFE and PF3 since their creation, and i have never suffered this problem. Any help appreciated, i´m at a loss about what to do. I´m using win 10 professional by the way.

Attachments:
pf3_error_report_20171008_201332.zip [135.71 KiB]
Downloaded 3 times

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Well I tried Google translate but it's still a bit misleading, but here's the actual error message, so it would seem to be a DirectX issue

Desc: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado. Loc: 2B2

Perhaps take a look at the first item in our FAQ section

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:40 am 

Your suggestion worked, it was indeed a DirectX end user runtime problem. Installed them and now PF3 works normally.

Now i must find the origin of the strange ATIS message i mentioned, it´s not PF3 (now i hear both ATIS messages simultaneously) and i have disabled the Activesky one. No idea where it can come from, but not biggie anyways.

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:13 pm 

Quote:
Your suggestion worked, it was indeed a DirectX end user runtime problem. Installed them and now PF3 works normally.

Now i must find the origin of the strange ATIS message i mentioned, it´s not PF3 (now i hear both ATIS messages simultaneously) and i have disabled the Activesky one. No idea where it can come from, but not biggie anyways.

Thanks for the help!
Could it be from FSX-SE itself, turn ATC volume down to "0" in Settings/Volume within FSX if not done so already.