OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

I do not hear ATC voice

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
PierreNantel
Post subject: I do not hear ATC voice
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:10 pm

I am new to this software and I manage to get almost everything working, but I do not hear the ATC voice? I do hear the sim sound like plane motor and knobs rotating. I do have the sound slider setting on both the option1 and after the connect to FS set properly. I also do not hear the VCP, is this normal.

I also have a few questions:

1- Is there a way to keep the ATC message window open, I know I can use the Display ATC log option in the INI file Tweak menu, but I usually flight in Full view so I don't see the screen. I am using the FSUIPC5 window (I think?)

2- How do I get, for example, clearance to repeat his instruction?

3- I am using the Radio Stack utility and the STBY frequency are always showing 118.97 for the com's and 108.95 for the NAV's is this normal?

Just starting to use this software and it does look promising :D

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z690-A | Intel I9-13900K 3.7 GHz | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | RTX 4090 | Win 11 | Prepar3D v5.3 & MSFS| AS & ASCA | Aerosoft Airbus series | PMDG 777 & 747 | PF3 | MCE | GSX

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: I do not hear ATC voice
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:21 pm
Site Admin

To check why you are not heariong any ATC we really need to see a log file... this file is called Debug_Monitor.log and can be found in your PF3\Logs folder. Please ZIP it and attach it to your post

With regard to your questions...

1. It's been many, many years since I used the FSUIPC message window but I'm sure there was an option to keep messages display until the next message overwrites it. Please check the FSUIPC documentation.

2. Use the 'Say Again' hotkey... the default is Ctrl+Shift+=

3. Well it has to show something... the standby frequency is obviously for you to change and is not updated automatically

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
PierreNantel
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Thanks you for the quick reply, I did found what was the problem with the sound.....so this is fix.

One more question: I was issue by clearance a runway and I was planning to use a different one, can I request a change of runway?

Thanks

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z690-A | Intel I9-13900K 3.7 GHz | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | RTX 4090 | Win 11 | Prepar3D v5.3 & MSFS| AS & ASCA | Aerosoft Airbus series | PMDG 777 & 747 | PF3 | MCE | GSX

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:04 pm

PierreNantel wrote: *  Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:58 pm
One more question: I was issue by clearance a runway and I was planning to use a different one, can I request a change of runway?
Yes, the key sequence to request a runway change is ctrl/shft/w. If you are requesting a different runway for departure, TGS (taxi guidance system) becomes active after the initial runway is assigned, so you should deactivate TGS first (hotkey 1) before requesting a different departure runway.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
PierreNantel
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:48 pm

Many thanks

Pierre Nantel

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: