OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: PF3 and X-Plane 11
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:32 pm 

I have recently moved from FSX to X-Plane 11, and have installed the PF3toXPlane plugin from Multi Crew Experience. However, whilst appreciating that you don't formally support X-Plane I have a couple of questions as I can't seem to get PF3 working properly.

1. I still have the various 'makerunways' files present in the PF3 directory but presume there is no chance of generating same from X-Plane11?

2. Is there a way that I can display the Airport Freq. info whilst running X-Plane. PF3 appears to connect successfully but when displaying the PF3 Display and clicking on [Dep.Freq] nothing appears? It does seem to have placed a small text file within a PF3 folder under X-Plane11.

3. If one is using World Traffic in X-PLANE11, will PF3 be able to recognise AI traffic and advice / react accordingly?

Are there specific restrictions of use when running PF3 in this way.

Many thanks,
Stuart

Sim: FSXSE
Other relavent software: MCE

Post subject: Re: PF3 and X-Plane 11
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:51 pm 

Just tried PF3 again with XP11 and I just can't seem to get it working.
Even though it seems to connect to XhPlane the Remote text window can't seem to connect. I guess it's only looking for FSX or P3D? In which case I can't see the required frequencies. Same applies to the PF3 display panel?

Stuart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have recently moved from FSX to X-Plane 11, and have installed the PF3toXPlane plugin from Multi Crew Experience. However, whilst appreciating that you don't formally support X-Plane I have a couple of questions as I can't seem to get PF3 working properly.

1. I still have the various 'makerunways' files present in the PF3 directory but presume there is no chance of generating same from X-Plane11?

2. Is there a way that I can display the Airport Freq. info whilst running X-Plane. PF3 appears to connect successfully but when displaying the PF3 Display and clicking on [Dep.Freq] nothing appears? It does seem to have placed a small text file within a PF3 folder under X-Plane11.

3. If one is using World Traffic in X-PLANE11, will PF3 be able to recognise AI traffic and advice / react accordingly?

Are there specific restrictions of use when running PF3 in this way.

Many thanks,
Stuart
If you are able to 'connect' after loading a FP in PF3 then please send me the resulting debug log from your PF3\Logs folder

1. If I see the log I will be able to tell what FS PF3 believes you are running... it certainly won't recognise it as X-Plane

2. Again I may discover more if I can see the debug log

3. I really don't know, sorry... it all depends on what the XPlane interface is simulating

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Just tried PF3 again with XP11 and I just can't seem to get it working.
Even though it seems to connect to XhPlane the Remote text window can't seem to connect. I guess it's only looking for FSX or P3D? In which case I can't see the required frequencies. Same applies to the PF3 display panel?

Stuart
I doubt either of those two utilities will work with XPlane because the display utility uses our own reserved memory area of FSUIPC and the remote text uses a specific memory address of FSUIPC that deals with messages

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:06 pm 

Thanks Dave for your advice.
I'll check the log files when I can and send them to you. I don't mind not having the text display if I could just get it working using the new voice interface with MCE. Guess I could always update the Freqs in PF3 in line with charts so that I know what to use.

Thanks again,
Stuart