OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Feature request for PF3 Display Utility

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
helix1250
Post subject: Feature request for PF3 Display Utility
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:40 am

Hi everyone,

I was hopping that I can suggest a feature or modification for the Display Utility.

Can I ask that the Display utility display to control frequency that you should connected to and not the one I am connected to. And here's the reason why i suggest this

I use PF3 with MCE and both work fine together, but on occasions things don't always go to plan. What I have found is that sometimes when i'm climbing I get a new climb altitude, and sometimes that is followed almost immediately by a control frequency change. As a result my FO see's the climb command, but before he has time to respond he has to change radio frequency. This is where things get a little out of whack and my FO checks in with the climb confirmation and not the frequency change check in.

As a result in my last flight PF3 stopped responding with any further instructions, which is understandable. I believe I attempted to checkin again with no success. It has been suggested that maybe the frequency had in fact changed again, and I was on the wrong one and was never going to get further instructions.

So my reason to ask for the change in the Display Utility is so that if the frequency has swapped again and we didn't see or hear it, we can check to see what PF3 is expecting us to be connected to, not what we are connected to.

I hope what I have said makes scene, and I hope in some way it can be added or tweaked to allow this useful information to be shown.

Many thanks
Rob

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Post subject: Re: Feature request for PF3 Display Utility
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Thanks Rob. I added that to the wishlist.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: