OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Two flights in a row, same issue, ATC no response from center on

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
bobsk8
Post subject: Two flights in a row, same issue, ATC no response from center on
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:03 pm

I took two flights today, about 1 hour 1/4 each and same issue happened. Cruising altitude 9,000. I selected a descent at the final waypoint of about 3-4000 feet to avoid having to dive for runway. This last flight I did, the waypoint was CEA3 and I selected 6000 at that waypoint. I flew past the waypoint, and zero communication from ATC. I then asked for a lower altitude, with L key, no response. I then tried different keys to communicate with ATC, and no response to anything I tried. I finally decided to start descending to avoid over flying the airport at 9,000 feet, and was told to climb back to 9,000. I finally descended, switch manually to tower frequency at CYYC, and was given a landing clearance,

My question is, does PF3 not like when you change waypoint altitudes after loading flightplan? This has happened two flights in a row from different airports, both times changing to a lower altitude in flight plan .

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(333.6 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
CM_Debug.zip
(479 Bytes) Downloaded 146 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Two flights in a row, same issue, ATC no response from center on
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:48 am
Site Admin

Okay, so here's what happened... you were handed off to Edmonton Center...
Quote:
9/18/2017 3:02:13 PM: 640 - Transcript: 'Eastern 819 Contact EDMONTON CENTER on 129.97 '
But you never made contact (Hotkey #0)

The next time you did call ATC (19 minutes later) was to give a position report Hotkey #9)
Quote:
9/18/2017 3:21:25 PM: 820 - Transcript: 'EDMONTON CENTER Eastern 819 Position Report 28 miles from Charlie Echo Alpha 3 to the north at 1518 local '
PF3 is event driven and expects you to complete each instructions as and when given... like climbing to, descending to, turning to, completing a handoff, etc, etc

Of course this begs the question as to what PF3 'should' have done or do in this situation...?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Two flights in a row, same issue, ATC no response from center on
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:42 am

dmarch wrote: *  Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:48 am
Of course this begs the question as to what PF3 'should' have done or do in this situation...?
I think we already answered that elsewhere: Send an interceptor :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:35 pm
Site Admin

ThomasAH wrote: *  Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:42 am
dmarch wrote: *  Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:48 am
I think we already answered that elsewhere: Send an interceptor :)
Now that would be cool 8-)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:08 pm

Whoops!!!!! :oops: :oops:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:12 pm

If you are going to be AFK (away from keyboard) for a bit at cruise, switch to CP Mode 2 and let VCP handle the comms and acknowledge the handoffs until you return; then you can switch back.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Dan77 wrote: *  Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:12 pm
If you are going to be AFK (away from keyboard) for a bit at cruise, switch to CP Mode 2 and let VCP handle the comms and acknowledge the handoffs until you return; then you can switch back.
I almost never am away from keyboard, probably was distracted changing ADF freqs or something.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: