OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

A few newbie questions...

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
BA7705
Post subject: A few newbie questions...
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi all

I am enjoying using PF3 which I purchased a few weeks ago.

I have a couple of questions which I wonder if someone knows the answers to off the top of their heads?

Is there a way to stop the other aircraft repeatedly saying "say again" to the controllers?

Are the climb clearances always so very slow? I'm sure I must be doing something wrong but on a flight to ENBR from EDDF the clearances were incredibly slow and in 2000 feet increments? I know that one or two intermediate altitudes is very usual but I wasn't aware it is normal to climb up to cruise in 2000 feet increments every 2-3 minutes?

Many thanks

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: A few newbie questions...
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:26 pm
Site Admin

Please attach your debug_monitor.log file from your PF3/Logs folder as we have no way of know what you're doing or what's occurring without seeing it. If you keep hearing your PNF requesting 'say again' the chances are you have a conflicting hotkey which you are using for something else... the PF3 default is Ctrl+Shift+=

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
BA7705
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:21 am

Hi

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I probably didn't make myself very clear. It is all the AI traffic that are repeatedly asking the controller to "say again". My co-pilot only says that when I press the = hotkey. It just seems that every other aircraft in the sky is asking the controller to repeat instructions!

I've also noticed on a long haul flight - if I leave the PC for an hour or so with autopilot on and VCP2 selected, when I return, PF3 is no longer responding to hot keys. While I have been away, there has obviously been a frequency change as I no longer hear any chatter but also PF3 is unresponsive. It is still connected but there is no "ding" when a hotkey is pressed and no caption appears.

Thanks again for your help.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:01 am

As Dave said above, there is no way we can see what is happening unless you zip and attach the debug_monitor.log file (located in your PF3\Logs folder) after the affected flight. The file must be zipped to be attached to your post.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: