OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Couple of issues

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
fltent1184
Post subject: Couple of issues
Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:51 am

I did a flight between VABB & VOHS & encountered couple of issues (sim version: FS2004):
1. At VABB, I was never asked to switch to tower frequency automatically as I approached holding point for runway 27. I had to manually switch over to tower to request takeoff clearance. Another issue I observed that TGS also stopped giving instructions half way through (the gauge was stuck in one direction as well).
2. I was assigned runway 27L for landing at VOHS. I was following a STAR - NAMSA6 arrival (but with STAR option unchecked as I needed vectors after last waypoint in STAR as per plates). I was asked to descend to 7000ft when I was at downwind & subsequently base (& turn to intercept ILS 27L). This is a very high altitude to maintain & I was unable to intercept the glidescope (though I did descend rapidly to still execute a landing).
3. After landing at VOHS, I had selected gate 55 as pre-assigned gate. Again TGS got stuck at some point and was not giving any guidance.

I am attaching the logs for the flight.

Attachments
Logs_VABB_VOMM.zip
(526.13 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

Profile Quote
fltent1184
Post subject: Re: Couple of issues
Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:36 pm

Ok. I think I made an error with respect to setting the FAF for VOHS. I had set it for 5000 (its 4600 at 10NM according to charts) which seems a bit high. Since the FAF distance is set to 8NM in PF3 config & according to charts, at 8NM, I should be at 3600ft, I will set the FAF to 3500ft (any reason why only multiples of 500 are allowed?) and redo the approach into VOHS and I will report back if this changed anything.

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:52 pm

You already found a probable reason for 2.

Regarding 1. and 3.: I haven't checked your logs yet, but TGS getting stuck happens at certain airports. You could try using different parking positions or finding an updated AFCAD file for these airports.
Manually contacting Tower is the correct thing to do in such situations.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
fltent1184
Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:53 pm

I did another flight approaching into VOHS runway 27L (This time the minimum FAF was set to 3500 for VOHS). Again the descent was late towards the end. I was told to expect vectors to rwy 27L when I was downwind (STAR takes you downwind) & asked to descend to 5500 when I was still quite high. I was unable to capture the glidescope again & even the ILS intercept turn was a bit off (the intercept turn came late & the localizer had already passed).

Why doesn't PF3 start approach descent early (it starts the usual descent from cruise early)? By the time I am in downwind, I should be close to the minimum approach altitude so that when the turn into base happens & followed by ILS intercept, I should be able to catch the glidescope from below.

If this is due to having waypoints after the fix indicating beginning of STAR, I am slightly at a loss as my assumption is that PF3 should start automatically vectoring early enough (considering that I have un-checked STAR approach in SID/STAR configuration) to reach the final approach altitude (either 3000ft or what is configured again in the SID/STAR page for an airport) and have me intercept the localizer.

Logs for the flight are attached. Thanks!

Attachments
Logs_VOMM_VOHS.zip
(343.13 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: