OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FPP error on nearly every FP

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
woozie
Post subject: FPP error on nearly every FP
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Hey there

I use PF3 since quite a while now and never seen any issues when loading flightplans. I recently switched to a new laptop and now i'm getting a FPP error on basically every flightplan i try to load.

Strange thing is that i use exactly the same flight planning workflow than before on my old laptop. I usually create PF3 flightplans with Aivlasoft EFB (without procedures) and i also tried PFPX export, but no luck at all. Out of 10 flightplans, only one loads successfully.

Already tried a full reinstall (3.0, then updated to 3.6) as admin with antivirus disabled, but issue persists. I also ran the register.exe tool as admin but that didnt make any difference either.

I attached a few FP's, could you please have a look? (VHHHWADD01 is the only one that works)

Attachments
PF3_FP.zip
(5.47 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: FPP error on nearly every FP
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:23 pm

all included plans load fine here (it is a beta version after 3.6, but I wouldn't expect a difference regarding loading flight plans)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
woozie
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Thanks for testing Thomas. Its strange that one of those Flightplans works for me, and it has been created exactly the same way as the others.

Any way to enable logging for flightplan loading? the existing logs dont seem to contain much information.

Thanks
Lars

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:17 pm

For the fun of it try once again running PF3_Register.exe as administrator. It may or not make a difference but after an update a few months ago I had to run it twice for some reason before the flight plans would load.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
woozie
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:49 pm

ran it twice as admin, no luck :/

I just compared two flightplans in notepad+, one thats working (VHHHWADD01) and one that doesnt (KSFOKSAN01), i cant spot any difference at all. Encoding is the same and i checked the plans for TAB instead of SPACE, they seem to be completely identical, apart from the waypoints of course

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:16 am
Site Admin

Please recreate the problem then check to see if there an FPP_NET.Log file created in your PF3/Flight/FPP folder. If so please ZIP and attach to your post

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
woozie
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:56 am

it shows a 'found non-noded intersection' error, see attachement. Tried this with several FP's, all show the same error

Attachments
fpp_net.zip
(279 Bytes) Downloaded 148 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:43 am
Site Admin

Well this is definitely a data related error, but where exactly I'm not sure. This is also confirmed by the fact that these FP's worked previously on your other machine.

Do you have some different scenery installed on this new machine than you had on your previous one?

Have you tried deleting all the files created by MakeRwys then rerunning the PF3 database rebuild?

Which FS are you using?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
woozie
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:46 pm

nope those FP's have all been created on the new machine, as i use Aivlasoft EFB, PF3 and PFPX all networked, not on my sim PC, so i had to completely reinstall everything on my laptop.

However, those FPs come from different sources as tried several tools while troubleshooting. Some where created by EFB, some by PFPX and i even tried to save a FP in P3Dv4 and load it into PF3, still the same issue.

I'm using P3Dv4 and i migrated from v3 to v4 at the same time i set up my new laptop. V4 was a complete new install, not an upgrade from V3. In regards to sceneries, i installed only P3Dv4 complaint sceneries into V4.

I'll delete the output of makerwys and run it again.

I'm wondering if this could be caused by a regional setting maybe? As this has influence on how certain, textbased files are being read. I assume that PF3 is based on UK settings?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:54 pm
Site Admin

Yes PF3 is based on UK settings but should really work with most others.
With regard MakeRwys, are you using the correct one for P3D V4?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: