OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Runtime 91 error in PF3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 9  [ 90 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 59 »
7X7VirtualPilot
Post subject: Runtime 91 error in PF3
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:20 pm

A tale of two flight plans. One works, one doesn't. The first one KIADEGLL10.pln takes less than one page on the 'Adjust Altitudes, SIDs, Stars...' page, the second flight plan always errors off (shuts down) and has over one page on the mentioned adjust screen. That flight plan is KIADRJAA05.pln.
The system is running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (latest patches, fixes, etc) and FSX:SE. The flight plans are entered on PFPX.
The sequence is: Select a Flight Plan; Load a Flight Plan; Select Alternate Airport (in this case RJTT); Use Alternate; Adjust Altitudes, SIDs, STARs, ...etc;
Then whatever I do, whether it be Set END of SID/DP or check the Activate quick-entry mode, I get a box with:
Run-time error '91':
Object variable or With block variable not set

Then hit OK and PF3 goes away (all boxes disappear). I doubt whether the log files contain useful information due to the way the program terminates but you will know better than I. Again, the first flight plan works as advertised, the second errors off.

Since this happens before activating FSX:SE, I don't see any other software being involved. The flight plans are taken from actual flight plans as posted on the FlightAware web site for United Airlines. KIAD-EGLL is flight 918 and KIAD-RJAA is flight 803. A note that I added a STAR to the KIAD to RJAA flight plan, but it failed whether I added a STAR or not. Am very much enjoying the use of your product but since I fly LONG routes, the flight plans will generally be more than one page. I do run on 2 PCs. The second PC is also Windows 10 64-bit Home edition that is networked with the primary PC. I run ActiveSky 2016 on it and hope to run the remotetext.exe program as well as pf3_display.exe via Wide_FS. Currently only ActiveSky is working on the second PC and the two programs mentioned are not working/abending but that is for another time. If you need me to submit additional documentation, you have but to ask.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
George
7x7VirtualPilot

Attachments
Logs.zip
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 189 times
KIADRJAA05.zip
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
KIADEGLL10.zip
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

[ img ]

Capt George - @7x7VirtualPilot

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Runtime 91 error in PF3
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Can you try this...
Recompile both flightplans using default flightplanner in FSX-SE.
You are using ORBX PFPX for planning, I know some in the past have had issues with said programme so would like to rule out a planner issue for starters.
Let us know how this fairs please,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:45 pm
Site Admin

Works here just fine so it must be an installation issue.... please try running the PF3 Validate feature which you will find under the Options #2 menu and send me the resulting log file. Then try a reinstall and please ensure when doing so you stop all other programs, especially your AV, and once installed configure your AV not to mess with the PF3 folders. Oh yes, and do NOT install into C:\Program Files folder

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:19 pm

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I ran the validation and it said all was well. I've attached the validate log file. PF3 is installed in the folder: D:\FS_Addons\PF3 . My AV is Microsoft Windows Defender for Windows 10, nothing fancy and have that directory excluded but it appears, reading the text, that is is excluded from AV scanning. Doesn't say if that is on use or a directed scan. TY Microsoft. The PFPX I use is from FlightSimSoft and distributed by Aerosoft. Same people as TOPCAT. I've reinstalled PF3 once, but if you believe it could make a difference, I'll rip out Windows Defender and reinstall. Will report back this evening.

Again, thanks to both of you for your help,
George

Attachments
pf3_validate.zip
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:05 am
Site Admin

Hi George

The error message (in your email) is indicative of not running PF3 as Administrator, which is a requirement when running it for the first time and going through the activation process.

I've reset your licence so please try again

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Just finished the reinstall as requested. Nothing changed, the exact same Runtime error 91 is still happening. This is with Windows Defender turned off both during install and running the program. The install program folder is still D:\FS_Addons\PF3 and that directory is excluded from scanning. Also running the program during the install and running the program as Administrator. The KIADEGLL10.pln still works and the flight plan KIADRJAA05.pln still fails. I did run the Validate and it said all was well. Loaded several other flight plans, those that used to work, still work, those that failed (91) still fail. Wish I had better news to report. For the record, here are the attributes of the operating system:
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1703
OS Build: 15063.540
Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA385
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Running a Windows Update status says my device is up to date. Last checked today, 12:33 (now).
I don't know what language this program is written in but will gladly research releases and fixes if so requested. My fear is this is something OPSYS related. Sadly Microsoft calls the shots on automatically installing fixes as well as new releases not desiring any input from the end user. This is the Windows 10 'Creators Update'.

Again, thanks for your help. Am ready to do what I can to assist.

Attachments
pf3_validate.zip
(299 Bytes) Downloaded 194 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:15 pm

Your log file isn't telling us anything, should contain more data saying validated for the files (unless i'm missing something but I have just checked against mine ;) ).
Have you ran a registry checker?

Also this was from another user:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2612&hilit=error+91

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:12 am

That is strange. I didn't look at the log file before zipping it. I'll run the validate again when I'm finished with my current flight. PF3 is working with my latest flight plan...still KIAD to EGLL but mirroring today's United flight 918 (the flight plan changes every day if for no other reason, the North Atlantic tracks change).

Regards,
George

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:22 am

Just completed my flight. All was well. Attaching a rerun of the Validation program and the flight plan I used tonight. Maybe it's the eclipse?

Thanks again for your help,
George

Attachments
KIADEGLL13.zip
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
pf3_validate.zip
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:58 am

I'm wondering if this is a fpl problem. Seeing as some/all fpls work with exceptions. PF3 doesn't care if waypoints exist or not.
So is the offending fpl crashing the sim and/or the aircraft, and subsequently affecting PF3?
Have you tried the fpl that crashes on other aircraft? Or not using PF3? Does it still crash?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 9  [ 90 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 59 »
Jump to: