OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Runtime 91 error in PF3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 6 of 9  [ 90 posts ]
Jump to page « 14 5 6 7 8 9 »
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Runtime 91 error in PF3
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:57 pm
Site Admin

My ADVAPI32.DLL's show as version 10.0.14393 with the System32 version at 638KB and the SysWow64 version at 472KB

My COMCTL32.DLL's are both version 5.82 with one in System32 and the other in SysWow64

If you don't have COMCTL32.DLL in your Sys32 of Wow64 folders then that is most likely the root of your problem

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:53 pm

There is a comctl32.dll in both the \Windows\System32 folder and \Windows\syswow64 folder. They are both version 5.82.

I've downloaded a program DependencyWalker 2.2 that I'll try running tomorrow to see what is up with 10Tec_hTooltip_100.dll Will let you know if I don't blow up my system. :?

[ img ]

Capt George - @7x7VirtualPilot

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:04 am
Site Admin

Oh, okay, but you didn't mention you had comctl32 in your previous email.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:09 am

I did mention comctl32 several posts back. I ran the dependency walker. Sheesh. My computer background is mainframe computers and operating systems. I understand PCs, build my own but have only written a hand full of programs for the PC mostly in C. (I coded in COBOL, FORTRAN IV and IBM 370/Assembler and VS/Basic mostly, yes I'm a dinosaur :roll: ). I know the theory behind DLLs but am getting to the end of my troubleshooting ability. I ran the 10Tec_hTooltip_100.dll through the dependency walker and it showed the following errors in its log:

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I expect that may be significant? I haven't been able to get all the documentation on this dependency walker program to see what all the codes and symbols mean. I will keep looking. If I'm reading this correctly, most of the world as we know it is called by this 10Tec... dll.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:30 am
Site Admin

George,

I'm a dinosaur too and cut my teeth on IBM 370/Assembler.

Dependency Walker is unfortunately throwing up false positives as it's development was halted back in Win 7 days and it can't detect the extra call levels gradually introduced by MS since those days.

I can easily replicate your problem here is I

(a) Start PF3

(b) Rename the 10Tec_hTooltip_100.dll

(c) Load ANY flight plan and then select waypoint adjustments

(d) Hit the 'Quick Edit' option and hey presto 'Error 91'

Maybe the next thing to try is to unregister said dll, remove all references of it from the registry, then re-register it.

Surely you can't be our only user using the dreaded Win Creator's update? Personally I'm steering well clear of it as I've heard too many bad reports, but if all else fails I will complete the dreaded deed to see if that replicates your issue here.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
voju24
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:18 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:30 am
George,

I'm a dinosaur too and cut my teeth on IBM 370/Assembler.

Dependency Walker is unfortunately throwing up false positives as it's development was halted back in Win 7 days and it can't detect the extra call levels gradually introduced by MS since those days.

I can easily replicate your problem here is I

(a) Start PF3

(b) Rename the 10Tec_hTooltip_100.dll

(c) Load ANY flight plan and then select waypoint adjustments

(d) Hit the 'Quick Edit' option and hey presto 'Error 91'

Maybe the next thing to try is to unregister said dll, remove all references of it from the registry, then re-register it.

Surely you can't be our only user using the dreaded Win Creator's update? Personally I'm steering well clear of it as I've heard too many bad reports, but if all else fails I will complete the dreaded deed to see if that replicates your issue here.
Hi all,

So just to show that it cannot only be the Creator's update. I just tried on my Win 10 PC with Creator's update and it worked flawlessly.
However, the creator's update has been very hit and miss -> On my sim pc it luckily worked quite well but on my girlfriend's laptop it couldn't boot anymore after applying it...
Anyways, I can confirm that not all Creator's Update users have this problem.
Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Best,

David

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:56 pm
Site Admin

Thank you very much for that feedback David... much appreciated

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:32 am

Dave,
Didn't have time to work on it today. Hopefully tomorrow.

Question for David: Is yours a pure Windows 10 PC? Did it ever run anything other than Windows 10 Creator's update? This is why I intensely dislike M$, this operating system as a service idea. I'm getting too old and tired to fight them, 32 years is too much in my book. If only FSX was Linux based. Sigh.

Good to know Dave there are still some dinosaurs still roaming the earth. I dabbled in Pascal, Modula-2, Prolog, SQL and the craziest of all, LISP. Haven't seen the advantage in the modern languages like C#, C++, PHP, Python, Java etc, etc. How many ways can you build a language? I still like ol' K&R C. Simple and powerful. I should take a look at VB. But I'm retired, so there's that, lol.

Thanks Dave and David, tomorrow will try, try again.
George

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:02 am

7X7VirtualPilot wrote: *  Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:32 am
Dave,
Didn't have time to work on it today. Hopefully tomorrow.

Question for David: Is yours a pure Windows 10 PC? Did it ever run anything other than Windows 10 Creator's update? This is why I intensely dislike M$, this operating system as a service idea. I'm getting too old and tired to fight them, 32 years is too much in my book. If only FSX was Linux based. Sigh.

Good to know Dave there are still some dinosaurs still roaming the earth. I dabbled in Pascal, Modula-2, Prolog, SQL and the craziest of all, LISP. Haven't seen the advantage in the modern languages like C#, C++, PHP, Python, Java etc, etc. How many ways can you build a language? I still like ol' K&R C. Simple and powerful. I should take a look at VB. But I'm retired, so there's that, lol.

Thanks Dave and David, tomorrow will try, try again.
George
I'm certainly not the best of programmers! I get a lot of help from the gurus at FSDevelopers with the dreaded XML which I have used to upgrade David Maltby's Super VC10 model which is now within shouting distance of study level! I cut my teeth on the BBC Micro and the Commodore Pet at work!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:17 am
Site Admin

Ah, the Commodore Pet, my favourite! My first one was a 40 column display and 8k memory. Loved it. My next one sported an 80 column display and 32k memory on which I wrote my first commercial program.... A payroll program would you believe. Happy days.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 6 of 9  [ 90 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 14 5 6 7 8 9 »
Jump to: