OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

activation of hold

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Ashun
Post subject: activation of hold
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:55 pm

I use PF3 and i have to say it the best ATC program. My question is that I am never asked to hold inspite of my setting for hold being. 25%. i select a way point based to of STAR charts for hold. I mark that with H in SID STAR page. However, for last 50 flights i have never been asked to hold. Is there some thing i am missing?

Best wishes
Ash

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: activation of hold
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Ashun wrote: *  Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:55 pm
I use PF3 and i have to say it the best ATC program. My question is that I am never asked to hold inspite of my setting for hold being. 25%. i select a way point based to of STAR charts for hold. I mark that with H in SID STAR page. However, for last 50 flights i have never been asked to hold. Is there some thing i am missing?

Best wishes
Ash
I think it is just the luck of the draw. I have mine set to 25% and rarely get asked to hold. The feature does work correctly. When setting the percentage try to assess how busy the airport usually is. For example If I fly into VHHX, EGLL or EGKK I will set the holds to 95%. Because in reality it is pretty much guaranteed that you would be asked to hold.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Also I think you will not get a hold unless you are at or are in the process of descending to 10,000 or below (see p. 79 of the User Guide).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:12 pm

I usually set hold at the waypoint below 10000 as is usually the case of STAR ( eg EGLL with LAM or BIG hold). Next time i will try and play with hold percentage setting and see if it works.
Thanks for suggestion.

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:48 pm

I suggest you set the holding probability to 100 % to see if it works at all. If it does you can experiment with lower probabilities. If not, send the logs.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: