OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Opus real world weather

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
JohnY
Post subject: Opus real world weather
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Sorry if this question is out of order, but can anyone tell me if they've got this with their simulator and more impotantly what they think of it please?

If you don't allow topics other than PF3 related stuff Dave, kindly accept my apologies and delete the entry.

Thanks.

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Opus real world weather
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:58 pm
Site Admin

No problem John :D

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:36 am

Hi John,
I had it on my system and to be honest I didn't get on with it, either it was me or I found it not as easy to use as HiFi's Activesky to setup.
So for me if you want a weather engine then HIFI Sim is what I would use, providing they don't turn off the servers in which they did for ASX a few years back,myself and a few others wasn't best pleased, forcing customers to buy another product.
I now use ASN for Steam's FSX and AS Evo for FSX Deluxe and FS2004..yes I have FSX Deluxe on a laptop and FSX-SE on a tower with yoke, rudder pedals and radio stack.
That's my opinion so please don't be swayed by what I have said, get opinions from a few others before you decide to go down that route.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:43 am

FsrealWX is a reasonable programme. It isn't overburdened with fancy this and that's, that often interfere with the more complex aircraft.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:39 am

Thanks fellas. The temptation is to go back to PD3V3 where everything was so much simpler but I really like V4. Its wonderful wth 64bit that allows me to virtually max everything out and get such smooth flights.

I've used Hi-Fi for years with no problems but their P3DV4 version kept breaking my sim'. Their help and even the Technical departments didn't help and actually made it worse because every time I've had to spend days getting my addons back on and the controls re-set. Literally, nothing worked,+++ so I've given up on them.

I've also been looking at FS Global but they haven't got a working V4 one. I'll check out FSrealWX Voliberista. I see it works in P3D but I still have to check whether they've adapted it for V4.

Thanks for your help guys and to Dave for allowing this departure from the main point of the forum.

I'll let you know how I get on.

John

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Well, I haven't got a working weather program for PD3V4 yet, so I'm back to flying with P3DV3.4. It is good but I miss the higher settings V4 allows. I'm hoping that Aerosoft upgrade their FS Global Real Weather soon.

I couldn't make head nor tail of FsrealWX Voliberista. Couldn't even find how to download it! :oops:

John

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:36 pm

JohnY wrote: *  Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:45 pm
Well, I haven't got a working weather program for PD3V4 yet, so I'm back to flying with P3DV3.4. It is good but I miss the higher settings V4 allows. I'm hoping that Aerosoft upgrade their FS Global Real Weather soon.

I couldn't make head nor tail of FsrealWX Voliberista. Couldn't even find how to download it! :oops:

John
http://www.fsrealwx.net/

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 pm

And I think you need to log in (i.e., create a username) to have access to the download page.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: