OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

TGS doesn't work

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
maddog453
Post subject: Re: TGS doesn't work
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm

Since I installed MCE and PF3 I have never used the hotkeys.

I only use voice and I seem to get all the correct reports from ATC.

When you say I have to say roger do you mean the ctl + shift + \ hotkey?
I tried that after getting taxi instructions and the TGS remained inactive.

So I'm unsure what you mean when you say it needs to interpret the VR as keystrokes?

Do you mean I need to teach the VR software - microsoft speech that when I say Roger it should interpret it as CTRL + Shift \?

Thanks

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:49 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Do you mean I need to teach the VR software - microsoft speech that when I say Roger it should interpret it as CTRL + Shift \?
Yes, exactly. How do you think VR programs work? You can say anything you like to the VR program, once you've trained it to recognise your voice and you may decide you want to say 'okay, okay I heard you' and then configure the VR program to send the 'roger' hotkey to PF3. There is no correct or incorrect phraseology as far as your VR program or PF3 is concerned. PF3 doesn't 'hear' you it only understands a key press or series of key presses, whether that is performed manually by you pressing the keys or emulated via a VR program, it doesn't matter provided you are activating the correct keying sequence.

Having said all that I have no idea how you configure MCE... I don't have a copy, I've never used it and I've never seen it. All I know is it does work extremely well with PF3 but of course it has to be setup correctly to do so.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
maddog453
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:30 pm

Well I have done nothing with setting up the VR to key commands and everything works fine.

Sorry I'm not a programmer nor have I use VR before except older Dragon programs which did not require setting up voice to keystrokes.

I moved my aircraft to KDEN Gate a 42. as soon as PF3 started and I brought up the TGS gauge it said it was active, had three green bars on each side and the green ball at the nose of the aircraft.

I left MCE off and just used PF3 and the key commands. After I got taxi instructions I hit Ctrl + Shift + \ and nothing happened with the gauge. when I moved the aircraft the gauge did nothing. I also did not get any verbal instructions, nothing.

If you are getting frustrated with my questions and what appears to be a lack of knowledge on my part imagine my frustrations in paying for a program and not having it do what it says it will do and not getting it to work.

Thanks

Profile Quote
maddog453
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Thanks,

The TGS does not work when using just PF3 and all Key commands

The gauge showed active when I was at KDEN but after I received taxi instructions I hit Ctrl + Shift + \ but the gauge never indicated direction, it had three green bars on each side and the green ball at the aircraft nose.

Not sure what I am missing. I guess I can live without it and continue using the airport diagram.

Thanks

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:02 am

maddog453 wrote: *  Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:41 pm
Thanks,

The TGS does not work when using just PF3 and all Key commands

The gauge showed active when I was at KDEN but after I received taxi instructions I hit Ctrl + Shift + \ but the gauge never indicated direction, it had three green bars on each side and the green ball at the aircraft nose.

Not sure what I am missing. I guess I can live without it and continue using the airport diagram.

Thanks
In options 1 set TGS to "Audio Guidance." It has never failed me (unless there is a problem with the afcad) and in many ways is more realistic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g185mUtaiSU This is a good example. Listen out for "Echo Whisky 'should be' the next one on the left!"

[ img ]

Profile Quote
maddog453
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:50 am

Thanks that works. It didn't work with the gauge visible but I left the gauge off and it worked!

Still don't get why the gauge doesn't work but This will do

Thanks again.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Just a shot in the dark here....did you run makerwys as I forgot too and got no taxi instructions when I recently installed FS 2004 on my tower....

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
maddog453
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:52 am

Nope I ran the runways twice, once when I first installed PF3 and then again when the problem continued.

Doug

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:13 pm

Quote:
I tried again from the A concourse and the TGS gauge said active, green ball showed
When I started to taxi the gauge did nothing, just stayed with the ball in the same place.
Another shot in the dark and it may not apply in your case. I'm running PF3 (and flying) on a very old setup with limited system resources, and although my TGS turns on it will not respond in real time unless I increase the priority of the TGS.exe process in Windows Task Manager. Otherwise it freezes and does not move as I taxi. Since you are using the standalone display you may want to experiment with the priorities of both the tgs.exe and TGS_Display.exe processes. (The first will show up in your list of active processes only when PF3's TGS function is active; the second will show whenever you run the standalone display program.) I'm sure you have a newer and more powerful setup and this may not make any difference in your case but I thought I would mention it.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: