OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

My approachs guidence is a bit squiffy!

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
helix1250
Post subject: My approachs guidence is a bit squiffy!
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am sure that I am doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can not work out what! I have been using PF3 for a while now and I have had no issues until now.

This is what is happening. I create my flight plan and always make sure that I delete my STAR from the flight plan, I try to have a final way point around 30-50 miles from my destination. But what is happening is I am reaching my final way point, and tonight I was asked to contact approach, which I did. But I never get and directional navigation after my way point and this tonight is the 3rd time in a row. So to over come this I end up adding a approach STAR so at least I can make a landing, not ideal admittedly.

My first example of this was a landing at EGBB for runway 15, I was told to maintain current heading, I did. I ended up passing EGCC some 40 NM away, I then decided to divert there and not wait any longer.

If someone could look at my flight logs for tonight (EGBB-EIDW) and tell me what I am doing wrong I will appreciate it.

On another note, is it not possible to get your directions after your way point BEFORE you get to the last way point. Even if its just a few miles. At least then you know where your going, instead if flying and hoping in my case that I get further instructions..

Logs Attached

Rob

EDIT:- Deleted same post as it was a duplication

Regards Dave Leesley (Forum Mod)

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 222 times

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: My approachs guidence is a bit squiffy!
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:04 am

helix1250 wrote: *  Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:58 pm
Hi Everyone,

On another note, is it not possible to get your directions after your way point BEFORE you get to the last way point. Even if its just a few miles. At least then you know where your going, instead if flying and hoping in my case that I get further instructions..

This has already been brought up in the beta test forum. There are certain triggers for AI, but they seem to be executed first before the user is given any instructions. The result being that the user is more often than not given an instruction "after" passing a waypoint. For example "Speedbird 2578 hold at CH reduce speed to 220kts." is pretty useless if I have already passed that wypt. It does require a lot of work I beleive to re-order the priorities so that the user gets first bite of the cherry so to speak. I might remind Dave as it is still outstanding.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:08 am

Thanks for the reply vololiberista.

Sadly I had another issue last night, on approach to EDDT I was told to contact tower when established on ILS. I waited until I was full established (LOC & GS) and then requested landing clearance. I didn't get a reply, I tried twice I think and then carried on as I could see the Rwy was clear. I then taxied from the runway and stopped, switched to ground frequency and then PF3 crashed taking P3Dv3 with it.

Thankfully as I was already down I could still file a PIREP with my VA. I have attached my logs for you to look at.

Rob

Attachments
Logs (2).zip
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 266 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:34 am

Are you using MCE?

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:52 am

Affirmative Dan,

MCE makes the requests last night, but never got a reply.

Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:33 pm
Site Admin

You really need to confirm if this is a PF3 problem or MCE problem. I would suggest retrying the flight without MCE

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:14 pm

I'll be sure to try that Dave, still not sure why PF3 crashed my sim though. MCE was still voice reactive.

Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:49 pm
Site Admin

Strangely there are no error messages in the log. Is it possible P3D went down first?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi Dave,

I checked my event log while things were crashed and the only error report was for PF3.exe.

I'll try it again.

Rob

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:23 pm

helix1250 wrote: *  Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:08 am

Sadly I had another issue last night, on approach to EDDT I was told to contact tower when established on ILS. I waited until I was full established (LOC & GS) and then requested landing clearance. I didn't get a reply, I tried twice I think and then carried on as I could see the Rwy was clear.

Rob
I think this is an MCE issue.

I assume you let your FO make the request ("You have ATC" mode). Try "Contact Tower" instead of "Request landing". That worked for me.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: