OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 with P3Dv4

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
ssdark
Post subject: PF3 with P3Dv4
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi, I'm not sure if PF3 is working properly.

Occasionally there's some chatter going on and ATIS seems to work ok but when I ask for clearance, etc. I don't hear anything, there's no sound at all. Is it supposed to be like this?

Also, when monitoring the ATC window, seems like there's lots going on but I'm not hearing anything unless I re-enable the voice volume control in P3D - and then I just hear the default in-sim ATC. Is this supposed to work this way?

Would appreciate some guidance.

Best, Steve

Ps have attached my Logs

Attachments
Logs.zip
(271.02 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

Profile Quote
ssdark
Post subject: Re: PF3 with P3Dv4
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi, please disregard my post above. This is a classic case of RTFM, which I admit I didn't read.

I do have one problem though: When requesting to Push & Start, I end up in a loop between Ground and Tower, both sending me back and forth with not being able to request clearance to Taxi. In the end, I had to disable the push & start option in the settings.

Best, Steve

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:38 pm

ssdark wrote: *  Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:23 pm
Hi, please disregard my post above. This is a classic case of RTFM, which I admit I didn't read.

I do have one problem though: When requesting to Push & Start, I end up in a loop between Ground and Tower, both sending me back and forth with not being able to request clearance to Taxi. In the end, I had to disable the push & start option in the settings.

Best, Steve
You request taxi from Ground. You don't go to Tower frequency on that stage. What exactly do you mean by "end up in a loop"?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:50 pm

ssdark wrote: *  Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Best, Steve
Is this happening on every flight? Or just one instance?
hot key 0 to obtain clearance
hot key 0 again to request taxi to the runway
then
hot key 6 to be ready for departure at the runway if the airfield only has a tower or you want to jump the queue if it is busy and enter the rwy from another holding point.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ssdark
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:19 am

RALF9636 wrote: *  Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:38 pm
You request taxi from Ground. You don't go to Tower frequency on that stage. What exactly do you mean by "end up in a loop"?
Thanks for responding. Yes I know that. I request from the ground which gives me permission to push and start, and then gives me the tower frequency, which the VCP auto-tunes, pressing 0 again then refers me back to the ground and the loop begins again. Pressing 0 requests permission to push and start, permission is given and then the tower frequency auto-tuned by the VCP, and so on and so forth.

Best, Steve

Profile Quote
ssdark
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:22 am

vololiberista wrote: *  Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:50 pm
Is this happening on every flight? Or just one instance?
hot key 0 to obtain clearance
hot key 0 again to request taxi to the runway
then
hot key 6 to be ready for departure at the runway if the airfield only has a tower or you want to jump the queue if it is busy and enter the rwy from another holding point.
Only one instance thus far but after 30 mins trying to obtain clearance to taxi, I ended up disabling the push and start clearance option. Once this was disabled, it worked flawlessly and in the way I was expecting.

I'll try again later to see if I can reproduce it.

Best, Steve

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:30 am

Does your departure airport has all the facilities Delivery, Ground and Tower?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ssdark
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Yes it does RALF9636. Was flying out of VHHH (Hong Kong International) base version not add-on scenery.

I'm working on getting some proper repro steps for you.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:06 pm

In that case you should get push/start instructions and taxi instructions from Ground, and should not be handed to Tower until you are nearing the hold-short point for the assigned runway. Best thing to do is zip and attach your logs when it happens again so we can have a look.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ssdark
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:04 pm

So I've been trying to repro this but it never redirected me back to tower this time. Instead, it would repeatedly give me permission to push and start, it never progressed beyond that point. Though one thing did occur to me, in all of this, pressing CTRL+SHIFT+\ didn't seem to do anything despite it being clearly indicated a Roger/Read back command in the manual.

This didn't seem right to me so I thought it best to check key mappings and sure enough, the default CTRL+SHIFT+\ key didn't correlate on my keyboard as it wasn't registering when pressing. As soon as I remapped that to the correct CTRL+SHIFT+\ for my keyboard, I was able to read back and confirm instructions. So all in all, this appears to just be an issue with keyboard mappings.

If I may make a small suggestion to help future new owners, it might be useful to sanity check these important keyboard mappings on first run. From my perspective, I didn't realise just how important they were having never used this before. While they did appear to be right, it seems that the backslash key is in different places on keyboards throughout the world - so technically, this was wrong for my particular keyboard.

Thank you for your help here, I've FINALLY been able to ditch that dreadful default ATC!

Best, Steve

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: