OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Shorter Vectors

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
g5flyer
Post subject: Shorter Vectors
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Would love for PF3 to give shorter vectoring. It seems it takes you way out for a box pattern. In reality, they are a little bit tighter. I don't know if this is a limitation or not. Or give us the option to reduce it.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Shorter Vectors
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:12 pm

One thing you can experiment with is adjusting the FAF distance (Options #2 > Advanced Options). Reducing the FAF distance may give you a tighter approach.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
g5flyer
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks Dan, also, is there a way to add your own call signs and have them spoken? I want to use SAM(special air missions), air force call sign spoken as Sam like the name.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:52 pm
Site Admin

g5flyer wrote: *  Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:31 pm
Thanks Dan, also, is there a way to add your own call signs and have them spoken? I want to use SAM(special air missions), air force call sign spoken as Sam like the name.
The only way you could add a callsign is by creating one by cutting and pasting from existing wav files to make up the name you require, but this is a slow a painful process which has to be repeated 238 times!!! :shock:

Don't forget to share your work though once complete. ;)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm probably getting it all wrong as usual but with all my aircraft I use my initials and birth date. Its simple. Just change the flight number of the aircraft in your simulator. It'll even show it on the aircraft in some instances.

PF3 and your co-pilot will both refer to it in your communications.

John

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:14 pm

g5flyer wrote: *  Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:31 pm
Just select "AM Sociedad Aeronautica de Medellin", they have SAM spoken like the name as call sign. You could edit the corresponding entry in Data/pf3_callsigns.dat to read "Special Air Missions", but the names here are only used in the dropdown in options #1, so no real need to change it.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
lmhariano
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:07 am

ThomasAH wrote: *  Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:14 pm
Just select "AM Sociedad Aeronautica de Medellin", they have SAM spoken like the name as call sign
Now I know why I couldn't find SAM Colombia in the list!!! :lol: Thanks a lot for the tip!

Some history: SAM ceased operations in 2010 and transferred all their assets to Avianca.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: