OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No takeoff clearance from ENVA

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
JNissen
Post subject: No takeoff clearance from ENVA
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:53 pm

Dear all

First let it be said - I'm very happy about PF3 and the way it works. But as with all software there is always room for improvement.

I'm on Prepar3d v 3.4, PF3 v. 3.5.0, with an updated makerunway

Takeoff ENVA on rwy 27 destination EHAM on a company route. Clearance from the gate, taxiing to holding point rwy 27 following all instructions. Everything ok so far. Arrival at rwy 27 the nice lady from PF3 said steady steady, then TGS has deactivited and then nothing. I have tried this three times on different takeoff dates. First time I was sitting there for nearly 15 minutes after the last landing, no further incoming flights (communication to the previous incoming flight was ok including the request to clear the runway). No "wait for incoming flight", "line up" or anything else. Second time (still rwy 27) I only waited 10 minutes before I got anarchist and entered the runway. This last time (still rwy 27) and no incoming flights for miles in sight, I took the liberty to line up and departure without clearance. After this everything worked fine with departure frequency communication and vectoring into EHAM.

I have of course run the makerunway and updated the PF3 database a few times. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.
PF3.zip
All logs from 25th June
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
Jan

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: No takeoff clearance from ENVA
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm

JNissen wrote: *  Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:53 pm
Dear all

First let it be said - I'm very happy about PF3 and the way it works. But as with all software there is always room for improvement.

Takeoff ENVA on rwy 27 destination EHAM on a company route. Clearance from the gate, taxiing to holding point rwy 27 following all instructions. Everything ok so far. Arrival at rwy 27 the nice lady from PF3 said steady steady, then TGS has deactivited and then nothing. I have tried this three times on different takeoff dates. First time I was sitting there for nearly 15 minutes after the last landing, no further incoming flights (communication to the previous incoming flight was ok including the request to clear the runway). No "wait for incoming flight", "line up" or anything else. Second time (still rwy 27) I only waited 10 minutes before I got anarchist and entered the runway. This last time (still rwy 27) and no incoming flights for miles in sight, I took the liberty to line up and departure without clearance. After this everything worked fine with departure frequency communication and vectoring into EHAM.

I have of course run the makerunway and updated the PF3 database a few times. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

PF3.zip

Jan
A quick look suggests that you were pressing all the wrong hotkeys. Hotkey0 for your clearance, hotkey0 again when ready to taxi. Your TGS should already be active so if you press hotkey1 it will deactivate TGS. If you arrive at the holding point and don't get any communication from ground telling you to contact Tower then press hotkey6.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Dear all

PF3.zip

Jan
A quick look suggests that you were pressing all the wrong hotkeys. You pressed hotkeys0,1,2 and 5. You just need Hotkey0 for your clearance, hotkey0 again when ready to taxi. Your TGS should already be active so if you press hotkey1 it will deactivate TGS. If you arrive at the holding point and don't get any communication from ground telling you to contact Tower then press hotkey6.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:14 pm

The taxiway at ENVA does not take you to quite to the end of the runway.

At any airport where the taxiways finish mid-runway it is essential to use Hotkey 6 (as mentioned above) to contact the tower for take-off - its just the way PFE is designed and I'm sure there is a good technical reason.

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:31 pm

johnhinson wrote: *  Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:14 pm
The taxiway at ENVA does not take you to quite to the end of the runway.

At any airport where the taxiways finish mid-runway it is essential to use Hotkey 6 (as mentioned above) to contact the tower for take-off - its just the way PFE is designed and I'm sure there is a good technical reason.

John
Quote:
As far as the default ATC goes the AI and user is always directed to the very first rwy entry point. This is where PF3 and hotkey6 can help you jump the queue if an airport is busy.
Also something strange re the default ENVA it has two YANKEE taxiways!!!! There should only be one obviously.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: