OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 stops responding when refreshing database.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Peter Webber
Post subject: PF3 stops responding when refreshing database.
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Just installed PF3 and updated to latest version.
Installed as admin, antivirus off, C:PF3
Have validated files:all ok
Have run makerunways in P3D v4

When clicking on the last step to start the PF3 database refresh process after having selected the correct database which was generated on P3D v4, it hangs on "saving user data" and PF3 not responding.
The first time I refreshed the database was in the newest version of PF3.
Do you think I should run the refresh before allowing PF3 to update after 1st installation?

Any ideas?

Peter Webber.
FACT

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 stops responding when refreshing database.
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:23 pm
Site Admin

Didn't I read somewhere that Pete Dowson was having problems with P3D V4 MakeRwys data and he is using V3 data instead?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Peter Webber
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:05 pm

There's definitely a strange issue with my installation. If I select P3D data to view airport runways, etc, PF3 completely freezes up after I type in the airport code. if i select FSX or FS9 data, which I don't have installed, it displays the data ok...PF3 has some compatibility issue with P3D v4.Not working at all...I do have the latest UNREGISTERED fsuipc installed.

Peter Webber.
FACT

Profile Quote
Peter Webber
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:43 pm

I've tried everything, after reading the pete dowson post. This has become too complicated..I have tried addon manager and really don't know what i'm doing....anyone who has been successful in getting PF3 to work have a step by step guide? this change to v4 is a major jump and is complicated with some v3 addons. :|

Peter Webber.
FACT

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:10 pm
Site Admin

What's this addon manager you're talking about? You don't have to do anything special with PF3 at all. You just install it as normal. Then, provided you have the correct FSUIPC installed it will work. I seem to remember you had a lot of issues installing PF3 on your new system, I wonder if this is a similar issue?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Peter Webber
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:03 pm

:) :)
dmarch wrote: *  Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:10 pm
What's this addon manager you're talking about? You don't have to do anything special with PF3 at all. You just install it as normal. Then, provided you have the correct FSUIPC installed it will work. I seem to remember you had a lot of issues installing PF3 on your new system, I wonder if this is a similar issue?
It's an addon manager that i read about in a pete dowson post...anyway thanks for your help. Maybe it is a quirk with my system again...will keep tinkering around and let you know..thanks..

Peter Webber.
FACT

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:39 am
Site Admin

Have you used this add-on manager for PF3? As i say, you don't have to do anything special when installing PF3 for P3D. You only need to install it once and it will work with fs9, fsx and P3D, provided you have the correct fsuipc installed for each relevant fs.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:22 am

Hi Dave,

I think the addon manager he's referring to is to assist with adding and arranging scenery in v4, Pete has been working with the developers of addon manager to get around the new addo.xml method of adding scenery. Currently make runways can't read the data from scenery that been developed in the new v4 SDK.

So if you want to use PF3, you have to install scenery the old way via scenery.cfg, and it can only be v3 scenery, well ones compiled using the v3 SDK. Then make runways picks up the data.

Well that's how I've read Petes post on the topic, it's still being looked at however.

Rob

Profile Quote
Peter Webber
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:42 am

helix1250 wrote: *  Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:22 am
Hi Dave,

I think the addon manager he's referring to is to assist with adding and arranging scenery in v4, Pete has been working with the developers of addon manager to get around the new addo.xml method of adding scenery. Currently make runways can't read the data from scenery that been developed in the new v4 SDK.

So if you want to use PF3, you have to install scenery the old way via scenery.cfg, and it can only be v3 scenery, well ones compiled using the v3 SDK. Then make runways picks up the data.

Well that's how I've read Petes post on the topic, it's still being looked at however.

Rob
Yes. So i saw in another topic that a member has managed somehow to make PF3 work...it's just a bit confusing for an old guy like me! A lot of posts in other forums and a lot of dependancies for a program to function...or so the other forums will suggest..

Peter Webber.
FACT

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:45 am
Site Admin

helix1250 wrote: *  Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:22 am
Hi Dave,

Rob
Thanks for that Rob

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: