OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Vectors to final too close to Final App. Course or overshooting

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
massimo390
Post subject: Vectors to final too close to Final App. Course or overshooting
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:27 pm

I don't know if this is affecting only me, but 99% of times I am vectored very close to the final approach course (if not right to or even overshooting slightly it) before given the clearance to the ILS. Usually controllers clear you a fair time before the autopilot captures the localizer. My settings are FAF altitude 4000 FAF Distance 15. Or 3000 and 11, this is a minimum distance to intercept the final course (2 miles) and then descend on a 3 degree glide slope.

A320 Fslabs - p3d v 3

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Vectors to final too close to Final App. Course or overshooting
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:49 pm

I experience this sometimes on my old PC and I think at least in my case it comes down to a timing and system resource issue. The more things I have running, the more likely a delay in ATC instructions and the ILS clearance comes a bit late. There are a few things I have tried on my machine that seem to help, including increasing the priority of PF3 in Windows Task Manager and reducing the AI aircraft load somewhat. These help in my case and may be worth a try. Also, if you see on your display that you are approaching the localiser and have not yet received clearance for it, you can hit hotkey 1 (request clearance at pilot's discretion) and proceed with the intercept because you will get immediate clearance.

If the problem persists, zip and attach a log when it happens and maybe Dave will be able to spot something or have some more thoughts.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Vectors to final too close to Final App. Course or overshooting
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:32 pm

And one thing I forgot to mention: If you have made any scenery changes be sure to rebuild the PF3 database. Sometimes the coordinates differ a little bit even if the runway numbers have remained the same.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:03 pm

I case performance should be a problem (I don't know): Do you minimize PF3? If yes: Windows reduces the performance of minimized application, so this could cause a problem.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
massimo390
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:09 pm

I don't think is performance, because the reply is instant whenever I use C+S+anykey but could be that I have a lot of programs running (pfpx, as16, asca, ezdok, utl and pf3). I will check though, will keep the PF3 window open too. I have AI at 100% with UT live. But there is no framerate issues while airborne. Usually I turn it down to 50% before landing at big airports only. I also have the PF3 database updated with makerwys. I am attaching the logs from last flight where you can check this issue.

Attachments
agpbcn.zip
(987.79 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

Profile Quote
massimo390
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:20 pm

ThomasAH wrote: *  Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:03 pm
I case performance should be a problem (I don't know): Do you minimize PF3? If yes: Windows reduces the performance of minimized application, so this could cause a problem.
Thomas I had a second thought and I think you might be right. Because I have to keep AS16 window open with the map view locked to my aircraft and the traffic tab on in order to keep UTLive injecting traffic. Don't know why but this is the only way it works at my end. If I minimize AS16, the AI traffic already injected stays there for a while but no new AI is added.

Profile Quote
massimo390
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Dan77 wrote: *  Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:49 pm
I experience this sometimes on my old PC and I think at least in my case it comes down to a timing and system resource issue. The more things I have running, the more likely a delay in ATC instructions and the ILS clearance comes a bit late. There are a few things I have tried on my machine that seem to help, including increasing the priority of PF3 in Windows Task Manager and reducing the AI aircraft load somewhat. These help in my case and may be worth a try. Also, if you see on your display that you are approaching the localiser and have not yet received clearance for it, you can hit hotkey 1 (request clearance at pilot's discretion) and proceed with the intercept because you will get immediate clearance.

If the problem persists, zip and attach a log when it happens and maybe Dave will be able to spot something or have some more thoughts.
My laptop is quite new with GTX card and Intel I5 12 megs ram. I will check the priority, not sure how to do that ... thanks Dan

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:19 am

massimo390 wrote: *  Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 pm
Dan77 wrote: *  Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:49 pm

My laptop is quite new with GTX card and Intel I5 12 megs ram. I will check the priority, not sure how to do that ... thanks Dan
Running a flght sim on a laptop means it is working very hard to keep its CPU's nose above the water level! Especially in your case with so many heavy resource add-ons working in the background. In your task manager go to processes, right click on the process you want, then choose set priority. It should by default be set to normal. I always had to set priority to high for the old PFE becase there was a significant delay in response time after pressing a hotkey.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: