OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Application Hangs

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
chevy83
Post subject: Re: Application Hangs
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:10 am

I had the updated version, at least the recent updated version on the prompts. Who seriously has time to coast through a full flight?

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:47 pm

I don't think your issue is caused by using accelerated time.

But as Dave said there is no support if accelerated time is used, so please do another flight without using accelerated time and if the crash happens again, upload your logs again.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:57 pm

I would like to say that I am getting random PF3 Hangs, its generally during preflight and I am getting my clearance. I have no Idea what is causing it, its happened with 3.4 and now with 3.5.

Please find my logs attached.

Cheers Rob

Attachments
Logs.zip
(138.23 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:17 pm
Site Admin

Talk me through exactly what happens? Does PF3 actually stop running?

I notice you are running P3D with these logs but you are still using FSX data. Have you run MakeRwys for P3D?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:01 pm

Hi Dave,

I checked my event viewer and it confirmed what I was seeing, PF3 hung.

Well what happens is I check ATIS, then switched to clearance and request departure clearance. I am then cleared to my destination, I confirm my clearance and I input my sqwark code and climb alt. I switch to ground, and request push and start. I am then cleared to push and start and contact ground when ready to taxi! I try to reply at this stage but PF3 hangs and the radio static that PF3 uses continues to be heared. At this point everything stops responding and I have to shut down PF3 and P3D. And then start again!

Your comment on me using P3D but PF3 seeing FSX make runways. Tonight I swapped over to p3d and dropped fsx-se totally! But before tonight's flight I rebuilt the PF3 database, following the prompts in PF3. I downloaded make runways, installed in my P3D root directory, ran it an then let PF3 rebuild the database.

So I'm confused as to why PF3 is still seeing FSX runway data, I am 100% sure it should be in P3D data.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:58 am
Site Admin

Please attach your latest logs since running the database rebuild.

Also are you running MCE or something similar, if so please try without it to see if you still have the same issue? There is obviously something you're doing, or not doing, or there is a contention issue within your setup. I'm not trying to say this is your fault. It's possible you've discovered a bug in PF3, but we have to try and eliminate everything else from the equation as it's certainly not a common problem. The OP did not have the same issue as PF3 stopped in his situation.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi Dave,

The logs I attached were the logs after running the DB update for P3D yesterday, I have run the DB update again just now, I have marked todays logs as logs2.zip

I do indeed use MCE, I have made sure that I am running the latest versions/patch's for both MCE and PF3. I will be doing a flight tonight and I will not use MCE for the purpose of testing what causing PF3 to hang.

I do think that your are onto something however, as I sometimes wonder if MCE and PF3 try to use the sound device at the same time leading to a hang situation. But I am far from a software developer, and I don't know if that scenario is even possible where two bits of software trying to use a resource at the same time could cause this.

Anyway I hope that the logs show some different information than yesterdays one.

Regards Rob

Attachments
Logs2.zip
(138.23 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

I flew tonight with a different aircraft and without MCE, PF3 didn't hang. I'll keep testing without using MCE to see if it continues.

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:37 am

Okay well four more flights and still no freeze, so I am guessing there is a link to the hang when using MCE.

Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:08 am
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback Rob... perhaps you could explain how you set things up for PF3/MCE as we do have many users enjoying MCE with PF3 without such issues. Perhaps one or more of them could help sort this problem out. Unfortunately I don't use MCE at all so can't help further.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: