OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

MCE/PF3 Request IFR Clearance error

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
StefanA
Post subject: MCE/PF3 Request IFR Clearance error
Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:56 pm

Hello,

I did the setup as described in manual. MCE-PTT (DEL) and Joystick-Button 2 (MS Sidewinder). PF3-PTT is assigned to DEL key too and in MCE.INI I did the "KeepPF3suspendKey=1" fix.

I can talk to MCE-CO and instruct to set heading, speed or lights, all works well. Switching radio 1 to clearance works too.

Now I push the joystick button and request for IFR clearance. The correct controller voice (PF3) gives a valid clearance now. Then I push the button again for read back. I activated the red FS-text and saw my read back with the correct content. From this point, I don't get any more answers. Talking to the MCE-CO still works. Reconnecting the PF3 enables me to repeat that until exactly the same point. It basically works, but it stops always after reading back the clearance.

I have an unregistered FSUIPC version 4.966c and installed version of PF3 is 3.3.0.

I purchased MCE and PF3 because of the announcements that it works together and I'm sure it does and it's only a small error. But it drives me crazy, I spent too much time for investigation now and there isn't any progress.

Regards,
Stefan

FSX SP2, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core I7-4930K (6 core), 16 GB, GeForce GTX 780TI
UT-Live, ASN, PMDG B747-400, PMDG B747-400 V3, PMDG B737-800NG, Level-D B767-300, FS Passengers, GSX, AES, ...

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Post subject: Re: MCE/PF3 Request IFR Clearance error
Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:17 pm

After you read back the Clearance the Controller should respond "Readback correct, contact ground ...".
Do you hear that? If not, the "roger hotkey" probably wasn't sent to PF3.

Try pressing the "roger" hotkey manually. If that works and the voice recognition via MCE does not work, it is not a PF3 issue, it is an MCE issue. So you should post that on their support forum.

There are some issues with the voice recognition of MCE when it comes to PF3 in some situations. That has alreday been reported on their forum.

Reading back a complex clearance might be a problem. To make sure my readbacks are always recognized I have configured a "roger button" (the PF3-roger-hotkey assigned to that button via FSUIPC) next to the PTT button on my joystick. Now everytime I make a readback holding down the PTT button, I just casually press this "roger button" when I finished the readback. So the roger hotkey will be pressed in any case even if MCE does not recognize correctly. And as far as I know a double "roger" is no problem with PF3. It's cheating a little, but it helps moving things forward.

MCE are just working on the PF3 interaction and I assume this will also be adressed.

But if pressing the roger key manually also does not work for you, then it would be indeed a PF3 issue. Please attach your logs in that case.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
StefanA
Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:25 pm

RALF9636 wrote: *  Sun May 07, 2017 10:17 pm
After you read back the Clearance the Controller should respond "Readback correct, contact ground ...".

Try pressing the "roger" hotkey manually. If that works and the voice recognition via MCE does not work, it is not a PF3 issue, it is an MCE issue. So you should post that on their support forum.

There are some issues with the voice recognition of MCE when it comes to PF3 in some situations. That has alreday been reported on their forum.

Reading back a complex clearance might be a problem. To make sure my readbacks are always recognized I have configured a "roger button" (the PF3-roger-hotkey assigned to that button via FSUIPC) next to the PTT button on my joystick. Now everytime I make a readback holding down the PTT button, I just casually press this "roger button" when I finished the readback. So the roger hotkey will be pressed in any case even if MCE does not recognize correctly. And as far as I know a double "roger" is no problem with PF3. It's cheating a little, but it helps moving things forward.

MCE are just working on the PF3 interaction and I assume this will also be adressed.

But if pressing the roger key manually also does not work for you, then it would be indeed a PF3 issue. Please attach your logs in that case.
Yes that is what i'm expecting as response and what doesn't work. The "read back correct and ground frequency" answer is missing. I switched on the MCE red line to verify that my clearance read back is recognized correctly.

I currently have to prepare for the DLR test now to get the chance for next application step for an European airline. But I'll try that soon and will report the results.

Additionally to be checked again, but I had the impression that even I set the PTT time to 20 seconds I was interrupted by AI calls. SO I stopped UTL-AI for the initial testing. Maybe that's a hint, that something with the key transmission doesn't work as required. I'm a little surprised because of the announcements by some other guys here, who did that configuration successfully without an additional "roger" assignment. I'll test it to investigate the origin of the problem and to report to the right forum.

Do I need a registered version of FSUIPC?

FSX SP2, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core I7-4930K (6 core), 16 GB, GeForce GTX 780TI
UT-Live, ASN, PMDG B747-400, PMDG B747-400 V3, PMDG B737-800NG, Level-D B767-300, FS Passengers, GSX, AES, ...

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:46 pm

StefanA wrote: *  Mon May 08, 2017 6:25 pm
Yes that is what i'm expecting as response and what doesn't work.
So we need the log to see what PF3 sees from you.
Not that I know of, but I would recommend having it for many other reasons :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:26 pm

Yes that is what i'm expecting as response and what doesn't work. The "read back correct and ground frequency" answer is missing. I switched on the MCE red line to verify that my clearance read back is recognized correctly.

I currently have to prepare for the DLR test now to get the chance for next application step for an European airline. But I'll try that soon and will report the results.

Additionally to be checked again, but I had the impression that even I set the PTT time to 20 seconds I was interrupted by AI calls. SO I stopped UTL-AI for the initial testing. Maybe that's a hint, that something with the key transmission doesn't work as required. I'm a little surprised because of the announcements by some other guys here, who did that configuration successfully without an additional "roger" assignment. I'll test it to investigate the origin of the problem and to report to the right forum.

Try to deactivate the "use DEL" function in the MCE UI and only use the PTT button for MCE. It was reported on the MCE forum that the additional "DEL function" with the same DEL key as PF3-PTT hotkey could cause trouble.

Did you try other transmissions with MCE? A good check if the interaction of MCE and PF3 basically works is to request "say again". That seems to be recognized everytime I try it.

From your response I cannot see clearly if you tried to manually press the "roger" hotkey of PF3. If you did and still did not get any response from ATC please attach the logs.

I have a registered version of FSUIPC.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
StefanA
Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:33 pm

RALF9636 wrote: *  Mon May 08, 2017 7:26 pm

Try to deactivate the "use DEL" function in the MCE UI and only use the PTT button for MCE. It was reported on the MCE forum that the additional "DEL function" with the same DEL key as PF3-PTT hotkey could cause trouble.

Did you try other transmissions with MCE? A good check if the interaction of MCE and PF3 basically works is to request "say again". That seems to be recognized everytime I try it.

From your response I cannot see clearly if you tried to manually press the "roger" hotkey of PF3. If you did and still did not get any response from ATC please attach the logs.

I have a registered version of FSUIPC.

I couldn't test today evening because of assessment preparation. That's why I didn't mention results about the hotkey suggestion. But I found something in the MCE forum. Someone had similar problems and one reason was, that hotkey 10 was "ctrl-shift \" with German keyboard. That's exactly what I've too! He switched to "shift-C" and it worked.

What I did?
- unselect MCE-DEL-key --> no transmission even the initial call failed.
- PF3-PTT is assigned to DEL key too and in MCE.INI I did the "KeepPF3suspendKey=1" fix. That was the mentioned problem, that MCE deactivated PF3-PTT. That's the current issue with one request and the clearance.
- "Say again" didn't work after being locked. Only disconnect/reconnect start with clearance request worked.

To be tested:
- manual pressing of "Roger"
- trying the setting described in MCE-forum (hotkey 10 to "shit-C") because of language-keyboard dependencies. REMARK: I had to change the entire region settings to US-English to initial train the MCE VR. After restoring the German settings it worked without problems. Without this switching it didn't understand anything although I've a Live-Chat-LX3000.
- enabling the logging.
- another hint I found. I've "Close Caption" activated, but not to be displayed in FS window. It's redirected to "remotetext" to avoid unrealistic views in cockpit windows. Perhaps this prevents MCE reading the clearance and enabling the next step.

I try to check it tomorrow evening but I have a huge amount to prepare for the most important test since ATPL checks!

If there are other ideas by guys having this combination too (MCE-PF3-not an English environment) and got it to work, I would appreciate to get additional hints to test. Just when I did the tests, I'll report the results and if required I'll attach the logs.

Regards,
Stefan

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:53 am

First you should check if PF3 without MCE works properly for you. Make a flight without MCE and only manually press the PF3 hotkeys.

If that works you should test if the MCE-PF3 interaction basically works and only some commands are not recognized properly or if the MCE-PF3 interaction does not work at all resp. stops working completely.

To rule out any problems with the German Setting set your Windows back to US-English (I am using a German Windows too and it works fine, but you never know). Also it sure is a good idea not to use any special character like "\" for the PF3 hotkeys to avoid problems with international keyboards.

Turn on "Use Radio static noise when transmitting" on the right-mouse-click-menu of MCE. Make sure your MCE-PTT-Joystick-Button works and you hear the static noise when pressing the button. If you don't hear it and cannot transmit anymore without the "Use DEL key for Transmission" checked something must be wrong with your joystick button.

Test several commands. If one command doesn't work, manually press the hotkey and go on to the next request. Try requesting a "Say again" (for me if anything works, then that). Check if only some commands do not work or if no command at all is recognzied.

Attach your logs.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sabre
Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 am

StefanA wrote: *  Mon May 08, 2017 11:33 pm

I couldn't test today evening because of assessment preparation. That's why I didn't mention results about the hotkey suggestion. But I found something in the MCE forum. Someone had similar problems and one reason was, that hotkey 10 was "ctrl-shift \" with German keyboard. That's exactly what I've too! He switched to "shift-C" and it worked.

What I did?
- PF3-PTT is assigned to DEL key too and in MCE.INI I did the "KeepPF3suspendKey=1" fix. That was the mentioned problem, that MCE deactivated PF3-PTT. That's the current issue with one request and the clearance.
- "Say again" didn't work after being locked. Only disconnect/reconnect start with clearance request worked.

To be tested:
- trying the setting described in MCE-forum (hotkey 10 to "shit-C") because of language-keyboard dependencies. REMARK: I had to change the entire region settings to US-English to initial train the MCE VR. After restoring the German settings it worked without problems. Without this switching it didn't understand anything although I've a Live-Chat-LX3000.
- enabling the logging.
- another hint I found. I've "Close Caption" activated, but not to be displayed in FS window. It's redirected to "remotetext" to avoid unrealistic views in cockpit windows. Perhaps this prevents MCE reading the clearance and enabling the next step.

I try to check it tomorrow evening but I have a huge amount to prepare for the most important test since ATPL checks!

If there are other ideas by guys having this combination too (MCE-PF3-not an English environment) and got it to work, I would appreciate to get additional hints to test. Just when I did the tests, I'll report the results and if required I'll attach the logs.

Regards,
Stefan
Stefan, could you post your [ATC] section of mce.ini here please. I'm looking for the correct settings.

Thanks,
Sabre.

Profile Quote
StefanA
Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:51 pm

Sabre wrote: *  Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 am
StefanA wrote: *  Mon May 08, 2017 11:33 pm

What I did?

To be tested:
- enabling the logging.

Regards,
Stefan
Stefan, could you post your [ATC] section of mce.ini here please. I'm looking for the correct settings.

Thanks,
Sabre.
Hello,

here is the current ATC section in AppData folder (!):
[ATC]
Mode=PFE
PreventNativeATCCancellation=0
UseRadioNoise=1
StaticNoiseLevel=1
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=0
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=0
atc5=1
UseRadarContact=0
IgnoreRC4Registry=0 //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
RC4path=
IgnorePFERegistry=0 //(Set this to 1 when PFE isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
PFEpath=
IgnoreFlightPlan=0
FlightPlansPath=
KeepPF3suspendKey=1

Now some PF3 settings I did today:
PTT pause set to 0 and 20 without success (AI is talking without waiting for me to finish)
HOTKEY changes
- key 10 from shift+ctrl+\ to shift+ctrl+C ---> WORKED! That's a problem of regional settings as mentioned above and by other guy!
- key 13 from shift+ctrl+W to shift+ctrl+B to avoid AES problems, shift+ctrl+S is my GSX key
- key 15 from shift+ctrl+C to shift+ctrl+F to free "C" for key 10
- key 22 from ESC to ScrollLock
Perhaps there's changed too much or it can be optimized, but with that setting I could use VR until switching to departure frequency after takeoff. There I suffered an error with MCE being silent by unknown reason (restart of MCE required, not the fault of PF3). When MCE is messed up, the red line shows the commands, e.g. SET HEADING 295, but Co doesn't proceed any longer. Same with calls to ATC in that case.

Still not working:
- When UTL is active the AI is interrupting me although trying the above settings. Tried to set MCE-DEL on and off.
- MCE-PTT with tone seems to be right, hearing it all the time during talking to it.

It's really hard to configure it for initial working. Ground commands and cabin commands don't work very well, but that's next step. First there's the problem being interrupted.

Thanks to all for helping so far. Really appreciate and will perform next required steps. Logging is still open, because lack of time. Have to break now.

Regards,
Stefan

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:08 am

Good to hear you got it working basically.
StefanA wrote: *  Tue May 09, 2017 11:51 pm
Still not working:
- When UTL is active the AI is interrupting me although trying the above settings. Tried to set MCE-DEL on and off.
In PF3 set PTT pause interval to 20 (0 turns it off) and VCP mode 0.
Make sure the DEL key (=PF3 PTT hotkey) is assigned to your MCE-PTT-Joystickbutton in FSUIPC.
Make sure the DEL key is not assigned to any other action in FSUIPC, the sim or any aother addon.

Test again if you get interrupted.
Btw you cannot interrupt AI transmissions with the PTT hotkey, it only suspends new AI transmissions for the set time (20 seconds) after you pressed it.
And I think it still can happen that an AI transmission interrupts you right at the beginning of your transmission. I guess it is because the AI transmission process was already started internally when you pressed the PTT hotkey. That sometimes happened to me. Then you just have to wait for your turn again.

If you still get interrupted during your transmissions please attach your logs.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: