OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

VFR flight

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
masconti54
Post subject: VFR flight
Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:34 pm

I like to flight VFR but IMO I have found little errors in this great software:

1 In Europe VFR squawk code is 7000 and not 1200

2 When I change the frequency to departure the departure give me instructions before I contact it (before I press the 0 key)

3 "Radar service terminated, squawk 1200, contact approach on xxx.xx etc...". It may be "radar service terminated contact approach on xxx.xx (for flight following)". If I don't want flight following and I am in uncontrolled airspace I 'll squawk 1200 (or 7000), otherwise I 'll accept the handoff.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: VFR flight
Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:41 pm

masconti54 wrote: *  Fri May 05, 2017 7:34 pm

2 When I change the frequency to departure the departure give me instructions before I contact it (before I press the 0 key)

3 "Radar service terminated, squawk 1200, contact approach on xxx.xx etc...". It may be "radar service terminated contact approach on xxx.xx (for flight following)". If I don't want flight following and I am in uncontrolled airspace I 'll squawk 1200 (or 7000), otherwise I 'll accept the handoff.
We'll add that to the list. As there are a lot of anomalies in PF3's handling of VFR which we are trying to address.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dancindigits
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:11 pm

vololiberista wrote: *  Fri May 05, 2017 8:41 pm
masconti54 wrote: *  Fri May 05, 2017 7:34 pm

We'll add that to the list. As there are a lot of anomalies in PF3's handling of VFR which we are trying to address.
I see this message was from early 2017, and still no change to a simple thing as european squak code !! I , as am sure like a lot of people here, do not understand why this is syill not fixed !
I also wonder why QFE does not even exist in this' simply the best ' ATC software ??
And , why are real world frequencies not used for departure and approach !!??
I thought PF3, used the sim fsx data ..... Well one thing I do like about default atc , is that it uses real world frequencies , all the way ..
Anyway, no need to attach a log file here .......lol

Profile Quote
Hodaro
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:14 pm

Are you sure this requires just s 'simple' fix? I wish more things would get done but I certainly understand the devs.

These mini excavators are very popular among contractors.

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 am

Hodaro wrote: *  Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:14 pm
Are you sure this requires just s 'simple' fix? I wish more things would get done but I certainly understand the devs.
The main problem here is that it requires recording or audio-editing of all voice files currently saying 1200, so while it is not really complicated, it is much work for a somewhat small benefit. New airline names are a similar problem.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dancindigits
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 pm

ThomasAH wrote: *  Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 am
The main problem here is that it requires recording or audio-editing of all voice files currently saying 1200, so while it is not really complicated, it is much work for a somewhat small benefit. New airline names are a similar problem.
Yes, understood but why was squawk 7000 Not utilized in the first place , along with QFE on arrival at destination airport !? However, for me, the biggest flaws , and shortcomings with PF3 are
1 when you arrive at destination , and contact the tower , ALL goes quiet you can see the ai , but cannot hear them , until you touch down ,and then suddenly they're all there, chatting away on the same tower frequency .. This is a definite BUG , and should be sorted when IT was reported a long time ago !!
2 Lack of real world frequencies for departure and approach ..... Not only does FSX use these , but also VOXATC, and every other atc prog I've tried .........Why not PF3 !!!??
I have sent Dave M a recent mail , but he has chosen to not even respond ...............................

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:54 pm

dancindigits wrote: *  Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 pm
Yes, understood but why was squawk 7000 Not utilized in the first place , along with QFE on arrival at destination airport !?
Squawk 7000 is quite new (in Germany since 2007), newer than the time when the original recordings were done (in 2000?).
Besides that, 7000 is not used everywhere, e.g. France uses 7001, USA/Canada use 1200, Australia uses 1200 for VFR in class E and G.
Besides that, 7000 does not even mean VFR, but "we haven't given you something else", so there are sometimes other squawks for VFR flights even in those regions that follow the ICAO rules for 7000.
Many 3rd-party aircraft have "VFR" buttons that set the transponder code to 1200, even if you use these aircraft outside Northern America, and Pro Flight 2000 just did the same.
However, for me, the biggest flaws , and shortcomings with PF3 are
1 when you arrive at destination , and contact the tower , ALL goes quiet you can see the ai , but cannot hear them , until you touch down ,and then suddenly they're all there, chatting away on the same tower frequency .. This is a definite BUG , and should be sorted when IT was reported a long time ago !!
Yes, this is a known problem, I'll ping in the internal bug report to raise its priority.
The problem here is that it needs to be balanced with instructions to you, mostly when vectoring you to final, otherwise you will replace the one slightly bad experience (no chatter) with a worse experience (vectoring fails, because ATC is too busy). But rest assured that you are not alone in desiring an improvement here.
2 Lack of real world frequencies for departure and approach ..... Not only does FSX use these , but also VOXATC, and every other atc prog I've tried .........Why not PF3 !!!??
I have sent Dave M a recent mail , but he has chosen to not even respond ...............................
Dave is currently quite busy with something not flight sim related, and so might prioritize things like PF3 not working at all due to DRM problems or missing installed dependencies higher than features that you consider important, but are not essential. But as you can see with the recently added, extended center sectors file, features like this are not completely ignored.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:40 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Well, firstly, your tone in the email was a little terse and secondly, I prefer to have such correspondence here on the support forum.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dancindigits
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 am

dmarch wrote: *  Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:40 pm
Quote:
Well, firstly, your tone in the email was a little terse and secondly, I prefer to have such correspondence here on the support forum.
Well, if it came across that way then apologies !
If only you could improve on the VFR experience in PF3, and , ( I suppose I'll say the additions , bugs I've reported ) then you really would have THE BEST addon for FSX imho !!
As you know , that's saying something !!!!
Regards

Profile Quote
dancindigits
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:21 am

Thanks for your responses Thomas, and very detailed !
However, you didn't comment on the lack of any reference to QFE in PF3 !?
This is certainly standard in the UK when receiving landing instructions , and also often included in ATiS recording , along with QNH..
Regards

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: