OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Okay I need clarify the new PPT mute

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
helix1250
Post subject: Okay I need clarify the new PPT mute
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:09 pm

I am very sorry, I have read the manual and I still don't quite get how it works. Maybe im not the sharpest knife in the draw lol

OKay this is what I have done!

I have set my VCP option 1, it was on option 2, so I have left the voice that I had been using. I have ticked the auto mute, which as we know doesn't stay checked. I have set the PTT time to 20 seconds, I am aware that this will need to be altered if need be. I have set my VR hot key to Prt scn button.

In MCE I have my Yoke button two set to the prt scrn button via FSUIPC, which I believe is the correct way for then two to play nicely!

Now what I have had is this, either I press my PPT and speak my command for departure clearance, I am either getting absolutely no response, or I am getting my VCP repeat my request my command and ask for clearance again.

Now I have just read that I can set the auto mute via editing the PF3 ini, file, I will do this tonight.

But after reading the manual (section 7.1.4, auto mute sub section D) This states you have to press the PPT before pressing any command hot key, now does this mean we press the PPT, release and then press again and request clearance? Or do we just press the PTT and just request clearance?

And in reverse, if I had been talking to ATC via my VR, lets say in cruise and I am given a frequency change do I just press the corresponding reply hot key, and from then on in my VCP takes over all coms?

Im sorry if I maybe being a bit thick here! But in this case I have been able to get it to work, and I just need to be clear on the correct process for the use of the new auto mute function.

Thank you in advance :)

Rob

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Post subject: Re: Okay I need clarify the new PPT mute
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Yes you have to edit the PF3.ini file until the UI is fixed.

You just use the PTT as before. Keep it pressed while talking. PF3 only detects the start of the press and then the PTT time starts. You have to finish your phrase and MCE has to send the hotkey within that time. It works fine.

If you don't get a response I think it is an MCE issue. Try "say again" and see if that command works (maybe after making a request with manual pressing a the hotkey).

I also have a lot of problems being understood by MCE after the installation of the latest MCE update (It's always critical if two programs come out with an update at the same time...). I think it worked better before; I have the impression something broke with the PF3 interaction with the latest update. I have trouble with requesting clearance, requesting taxi and requesting takeoff. Other commands work fine, like runway change, flight level change or say again.

I haven't had time to deeply test that and I am now mostly using my voxkey profile again to tell my FO to contact ATC (which still works fine). But it is nice to be able now to make runway or flight level requests myself without hearing the FO's voice (thanks to the new Auto-Mute mode).

I suggest you also report it on the MCE forum. I might chime in there if I find the time for further testing.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:38 pm

I tried to edit the ini file but I don't have the AutoMuteVCP= in my ini

see my other post posting.php?f=8&mode=reply&t=2489&sid=a ... 51c311be96

Rob

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:00 pm

I have just checked my PF3 install folder, what I have found is that the update installed a second PF3 install inside the original PF3 folder.

So in my case, the update didn't replace the original files, it just added a new folder with the update in. I thought it was strange when I checked the user manual and it was the old version, and handed been updated to 3.3.0.

I am currently moving the files up one level to the correct folder, I am guessing that will break something, but it is worth a try :)

Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 pm
Site Admin

helix1250 wrote: *  Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:00 pm
I have just checked my PF3 install folder, what I have found is that the update installed a second PF3 install inside the original PF3 folder.

So in my case, the update didn't replace the original files, it just added a new folder with the update in. I thought it was strange when I checked the user manual and it was the old version, and handed been updated to 3.3.0.

I am currently moving the files up one level to the correct folder, I am guessing that will break something, but it is worth a try :)

Rob
The installer can't do that, you must have tried to install manually?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:04 am

Hi Dave,

Just to say that this is 100% not anything to do with installing anything manually. About a year a go i bought a new rig and had to do a fresh install of my software, in fact I had to contact you to rest my licence as I had forgotten to deactivate it on my old machine. So this was a fresh install and this is only the second update since install. one of the many great things with your software is that I DON'T need to install anything manually, I then know its installed correctly :)

Anyway this is what I have found, when i click the desk top PF3 Icon it takes me to the pf3.exe in the sub folder in my case H:/PF3/PF3, that then opens version 3.3.0. Now if I go up one level (H/PF3) to the place it was originally installed and click that pf3.exe it opens the previous version of PF3 3.2.0, if i click and open that version it runs and tells me there's an update.

So I could open a two versions on my machine, and they both worked fine. What I then did was update the version 3.2.0 and that now works as expected. But the sub folder PF3 now asks for activation and then obviously sees there is another version installed and then wont go any further, which is fine. I did have to alter the desktop Icon paths to point to the top level folder PF3.exe and not the one situated in the sub-folder.

So currently, subject to me turning my PC on today and testing it again it has a running version of PF3 in its original install folder, I have renamed the second PF3 sub-folder to stop it causing any issues. If everything works fine I will delete it and keep my fingers crossed it stays working :) If I have any issues when I come to delete that sub-folder, like licence issues I will contact you and let you know.

Also as a result, my MCE installation now works correctly as it had been having a few issues with PF3 and since the update, hardly surprising as it might have been looking the incorrect PF3 version.

Regards Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 am
Site Admin

Sometimes I still can't fathom these 'puters, despite having been programming for them nigh 40 years! :?

It's a shame you updated again as I would have liked to see the log files from your PF3/Updates folder. Perhaps you could send the files from your sub folder PF3\Update

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 am

Well Dave, I just looked at that updates log in the H:/PF3 folder (original install folder). It has some interesting info between two installations. I will email you the file now!

Cheers Rob

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: