OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

VFR problems

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
johnbla
Post subject: VFR problems
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Have created a vfr flight plan EKOD - ALS - ETME. I checked pf3 freqs and tuned FSS to 119.52. I then hit the 0 key to open the flight plan. The flight plan is opened by ATC.

After that I get nothing. There is no option to taxi to the active etc. All of the options appear to be used whilst in the air (unless I am wrong).

I have attached the log file. I am using the demo.

Many thanks for any help.

John

Attachments
debug_monitor.rar
(28.13 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: VFR problems
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Frequencies for WP: 0 EKOD
Mul - 0
Uni - 0
Grd - 0
Twr - 0
Clr - 0
App - 118.5
Dep - 132.6
FSS - 119.52
Your departure airport is uncontrolled so I think you have a few options. You can take off and contact Departure once airborne (hotkey 0 to request flight following), or you can (if you wish) use PF3's "Add A New Facility Frequency" feature to add a Unicom frequency for the airport, so you can advise before taking the runway.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:29 pm

Quote:
30/01/2017 16:10:23: 160 - Transcript: 'Radio Australian 4 Would you please open my VFR flight plan at this time? '
30/01/2017 16:10:31: 340 - Transcript: 'Australian 4 Roger. We'll open your flight plan at 8 '
Presumably you were on the ground at EKOD at this time.
Quote:
30/01/2017 16:13:38: 110 - Transcript: 'Radio Australian 4 On the ground at 1111 local VFR would like to amend my flight plan to land at Echo Kilo Oscar Delta '
Presumably you are still at EKOD? In which case as you are on the ground at EKOD you have tehnically landed I suppose.
Question why would you ammend your fpl to land at a destination this is currently your origin, unless you were planning touch and go's?
Oh, and an interesing point is that ETME is not on the current airac database.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnbla
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:07 pm

Dan77 wrote: *  Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:09 pm
Frequencies for WP: 0 EKOD
Mul - 0
Uni - 0
Grd - 0
Twr - 0
Clr - 0
App - 118.5
Dep - 132.6
FSS - 119.52
Your departure airport is uncontrolled so I think you have a few options. You can take off and contact Departure once airborne (hotkey 0 to request flight following), or you can (if you wish) use PF3's "Add A New Facility Frequency" feature to add a Unicom frequency for the airport, so you can advise before taking the runway.
Thanks for the replies.

1. If I take off and contact Departure once airborne means that I am not advising taking the runway. I presume that this would be very dangerous.

2. Does this mean that I have to "Add A New Facility Frequency" for every uncontrolled airport that I want to take off from? BTY, I tried to add a new facility frequency for ETME, but after I entered the icao and pressed the enter key as instructed, PF3 just crashed to the desktop.
vololiberista wrote: *  Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:29 pm
Quote:
30/01/2017 16:10:23: 160 - Transcript: 'Radio Australian 4 Would you please open my VFR flight plan at this time? '
30/01/2017 16:10:31: 340 - Transcript: 'Australian 4 Roger. We'll open your flight plan at 8 '
Presumably you were on the ground at EKOD at this time.
Quote:
30/01/2017 16:13:38: 110 - Transcript: 'Radio Australian 4 On the ground at 1111 local VFR would like to amend my flight plan to land at Echo Kilo Oscar Delta '
Presumably you are still at EKOD? In which case as you are on the ground at EKOD you have tehnically landed I suppose.
Question why would you ammend your fpl to land at a destination this is currently your origin, unless you were planning touch and go's?
Oh, and an interesing point is that ETME is not on the current airac database.
I amended my flight plan to land at a destination which was currently my origin as I was just playing around with the number keys in case I missed something.

EDIT: I created another flight plan from an uncontrolled airport: YNBR - YARM - YSCH. I tuned to Multicom on 125.1 and initial check in was in the air only. I then tuned to FSS on 122. I requested to open a flight plan which ATC then acknowledged. Once again there was no further options to advise taking the runway.

I am just wondering if PF3 does not support ATC at uncontrolled airports. The reason I am asking is that I am considering purchase, but I like to do a lot of flying VFR from uncontrolled airports. It's just me.

Log file attached.

Thanks for any replies.

John

Attachments
debug_monitor.rar
(26.43 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:36 pm

johnbla wrote: *  Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:07 pm
2. Does this mean that I have to "Add A New Facility Frequency" for every uncontrolled airport that I want to take off from?
No, many uncontrolled airports will have a Unicom or Multicom frequency you can use. The ability to add a new frequency in PF3 can be used to add one if it does not exist, or to add other frequencies such as Clearance, Ground, Tower, or ATIS if you choose (see the User Guide for more info).

Edit: Hotkey 6 when tuned to Unicom/Multicom should allow you to announce taking the runway.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: