OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FSUIPC + PF3 Connection Hotkey Not Working

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
TBennett
Post subject: FSUIPC + PF3 Connection Hotkey Not Working
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:35 pm

Hello all!
I have recently purchased PF3 and can not get it working.
I have FSUIPC 7.4.11 set to auto start with MSFS.
When i am at a gate and ready to go, i check fsuipc is loaded and connected then load PF3.
The black and green frequencies window pops up briefly when PF3 connects, then it disappears and nothing further happens, pressing #0 does nothing.

I have read of similar issues on here and have consequently changed my DetectToConnectDelayAuto=300 if i understood right from how people worked out what to set it to.

I have included my FSUIPC.log and Debug_Monitor.log and hope it helps!
Can anyone help me get up and running? i do not know what i am doing wrong!
Thank you for your time.

Attachments
FSUIPC7.zip
(2.18 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
debug_monitor.zip
(31.73 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Profile Quote
pointy56
Post subject: Re: FSUIPC + PF3 Connection Hotkey Not Working
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:19 pm

This isn't the recent FSUIPC issue, it's caused by a PF3 configuration option.
Looking at your log the hotkey was being accepted, and you should have seen a message from PF3:
11/04/2024 14:24:28: 160 - ****** HotKey #0 detected!
11/04/2024 14:24:29: 180 - FS Screen : Please tune to ATIS on 130.87 before contacting Clearance

This is because you have the option 'Must tune to ATIS' selected on the Options #1 page - PF3 won't respond until you have listened to ATIS.
You can resolve this in one of two ways:
1) Tune to the ATIS frequency (130.87 in this case), listen to the report and then re-tune to 118.2 (in this case) to request clearance.
2) Turn off the 'Must tune to ATIS' option on the Options #1 page.

Hope this helps,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TBennett
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:02 pm

Hey pointy56 thanks for your reply!
That is great to know, I'm not sure when i switched that option on but i have turned it off now and can listen to PF3's ATIS now!
I still have no menu or anything pop up on pressing #0 though, the flight was filed and approved no problem but i did not get any text, nor could i find a way to get the text on even though i have closed captions turned on.
I have read through most of the manual which was an informative read but still having problems with this.
I understand that the keys 0-9 are used for different things depending on context, but when i try to use these keys, they interact with the default ATC and then don't seem to do anything else.
Also, i cannot find any tutorials online to help and the tutorial videos linked on PF3's homepage are dead links.
Are there any tutorial videos anywhere else? i have not been able to find anything useful on youtube or google.
All i have found is some demo videos that do not show anything useful.
Do i need to memorise every single hotkey in every single context, or is there a menu i can choose from that i can't seem to get up?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:47 pm
Site Admin

Whatever hotkeys you decide to use in PF3 you need to unassign/unbind in MFSF if they are used.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TBennett
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:16 pm

Thanks for your reply that is good to know.
I watched a demo video where the guy had a small black and green window on the bottom left of the screen which showed the numbers 0-9 and what they relate to.
How do i bring that up? it seemed to change as the flight went on.
I also have closed captions turned on, but i get no captions at all, there is literally nothing when i press the numbers 0-9 apart from sometimes default ATC replies.

Also, do i need to add SIDS and STARS manually for every flight or are they automatically working when imported?
I still cannot find any tutorials so even after reading the manual, i still am having trouble using PF3.
Thank you.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:51 pm
Site Admin

I'm sook unable to work at my pc and can only use my mobile, so my replies Erik be succinct in afraid.

If, when you use 0-9 default atc resold then you haven't done what I suggested earlier.

Forget about side and stars for now and let's get the basics working.

Options #2, advanced options, msfs/p3d options and select captions window and hotkey window

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:32 pm

PF3 is a complete substitute for the MSFS default ATC, so you need to switch off the MSFS ATC assist completely, otherwise it will interfere with PF3.
You can find the place to do this under 'Assistance Options' in MSFS:
[ attachment ]
2024-04-13 17_25_47-Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.36.2.0.png (188.57 KiB) Viewed 349 times
I'm pretty sure that this is all that I needed to do to cover the 0-9 keys.

Also, the primary mechanism for receiving ATC instructions from PF3 is audio; you can easily check that this is working by going into Options #1 and changing the pilot's voice selection - the newly selected voice will be played to you:
[ attachment ]
2024-04-13 17_28_12-PF3 Options.png (4.73 KiB) Viewed 349 times
If you can't hear anything please check the PF3 audio set-up under Options#2, Advanced Options, Audio Output Configuration.

I hope that this helps you,
Martin

Profile Quote
TBennett
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:53 pm

Thank you both for the helpful replies!
I have unassigned all the number keys and the default ATC has gone away as expected, i will make sure it is turned off next time i fire up the sim.
I changed the options as Dave suggested, however, i did notice that captions window was off and hotkey window was not set to Recommended.
I have enabled both and now i get the text from ATC displayed no problem.
But, i still have the problem with the number key menu not appearing (0-9 and what they relate to depending on what i am tuned to) so i am struggling to remember what each number does in what context.
I am so close to being able to jump in and go!

Edit: I have tried in VCP #3 and #0 and still do not have the menu.
I would like to figure out how to do the ATC myself just so i know how to do it in the future, but if i set the VCP to #3 then i do not need to do anything and he will handle everything if i understand correctly?

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:19 pm

I use a low-tech solution but it may be helpful as you start out. You can find the pf3_disp.dat file which is located in your PF3\PF3_Displayer folder, open it with a text editor, and print the file. This will list the default hotkey functions according to the ATC facility you are tuned to. As Dave mentioned you need to be sure there are no hotkey conflicts with MSFS or other add-ons you may be running. I think it's best to start out with CP Mode 2 so VCP handles the comms.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:30 pm

Alternatively you may wish to take a look at Web Display, which will give you what you need in a browser window.
You can arrange for it to be autostarted by PF3 in Options#2, Advanced Options:
[ attachment ]
2024-04-13 18_25_53-Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks.png (2.35 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Then you simply open 'localhost:7339' in your choice of browser and it will show the currently available commands as your flight progresses.
You will find documentation in the folder 'PF3_Displayer\PF3_WEB_Display' within your main PF3 folder, but the defaults should get you started.

Hope this helps,
Martin
(Web Display developer)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: