OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:55 pm 

Quote:
1. i wonder if it's possible to add feature to request ATC to go on alternate airports eg in ETOPS operation (or enroute alternate)
Yesterday I flown in ETOPS rule flight and I have engine failure just behind iceland and I need divert to ETOPS alternate (BIKF). But it's not possible to request ATC to direct to airport
2. Second request is add abbility to request ATC divert left or right from current track due the weather or traffic
1. Somewhere in the options you can enable asking for one alternate.
2. Yes, that would be nice, but I would assume this needs new voice recordings for the corresponding request/reply.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
1. i wonder if it's possible to add feature to request ATC to go on alternate airports eg in ETOPS operation (or enroute alternate)
Yesterday I flown in ETOPS rule flight and I have engine failure just behind iceland and I need divert to ETOPS alternate (BIKF). But it's not possible to request ATC to direct to airport
2. Second request is add abbility to request ATC divert left or right from current track due the weather or traffic
1. Somewhere in the options you can enable asking for one alternate.
2. Yes, that would be nice, but I would assume this needs new voice recordings for the corresponding request/reply.

Point 2 already requested and added to Daves don't forget list so Dave doesn't forget ;) :lol:
Quote:
I often hear R/W aircraft approaching Dublin asking for permission to alter course by 10 or 20 degrees to avoid weather. They are normally instructed to do so and to contact ATC when they are clear to resume course. This would be a nice feature as I often see gaps in the weather slightly off my course which would be nice to take advantage of.
Quote:
I've put it on my don't-forget list ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:58 pm 

Been using PF3 for a couple of years now after several years of using Radar Contact and there a few feature requests/improvements I would like to put forward for consideration.

Being able to configure % probability of being required to deviate from flight plan during climb and descent to simulate traffic congestion (Not during cruise phase though).

For me the Holding process in PF3 is a little too staged managed in that it is you the pilot who specifies where in the plan the hold is going to be. I think it would be better if you set the % probability of a hold (0% means no hold) and PF3 chooses where the hold takes place. And perhaps the addition of a hold for weather option.

Being able request fly Direct to specific waypoint in plan. To work the same way as Warp to waypoint works but you have to fly towards it rather be positioned at it.

I would like to be able to request vectors to landing runway even after the last waypoint on the plan.

Being able to respond to ATC instruction with :- Unable

These are nice to have enhancements for me but in any case PF3 is still 1 of 3 must have products on my list

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Been using PF3 for a couple of years now after several years of using Radar Contact and there a few feature requests/improvements I would like to put forward for consideration.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Quote:
For me the Holding process in PF3 is a little too staged managed in that it is you the pilot who specifies where in the plan the hold is going to be. I think it would be better if you set the % probability of a hold (0% means no hold) and PF3 chooses where the hold takes place. And perhaps the addition of a hold for weather option.
We take the view that you know where holding points are when checking your charts and so provide you with a means to indicate to PF3 where they are, otherwise PF3 would have no idea.
Quote:
Being able request fly Direct to specific waypoint in plan. To work the same way as Warp to waypoint works but you have to fly towards it rather be positioned at it.
This is already implemented. Please see section 9.5 of the PF3 User Guide

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

Without a log it didn't happen!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:40 am 

Connecting Flights.
Would also like to see added if possible the option of connecting to another flight without having to disconnect PF3.
For example..
Aberdeen to Toronto...2 part route.
British Airways to London Heathrow, then British Airways over to Toronto....keep same airline or if possible ability to change airline in PF3 without causing any issues.
User then would also have to load flightplan in FS by using the "resetting flight" option.
Basically the ability to load another Flightplan without disconnecting and getting "Not enough Hotkeys" message.

For users of FDC,then a disconnect and re-connect would apply.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:50 pm 

Been very happy with PF3 after many VA flights. The only thing I wish it could do is assign the landing runway earlier in the approach. Sometimes it is a mad scramble, once I get the landing runway and am close to the arrival airport, to fly the approach, program the FMC, descend, etc.. etc, Having the landing runway available as soon as making the first contact with approach would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:35 pm 

Quote:
Been very happy with PF3 after many VA flights. The only thing I wish it could do is assign the landing runway earlier in the approach. Sometimes it is a mad scramble, once I get the landing runway and am close to the arrival airport, to fly the approach, program the FMC, descend, etc.. etc, Having the landing runway available as soon as making the first contact with approach would be great.
That is already on the wishlist.

My workaround:

"Virtually" move your last waypoint 15 to 20 nm ahead in the flightplan for PF3. It can easily be done with LittleNavMap:
- Create a custom waypoint on your route 15 to 20 nm before your final waypoint
- rename that custom waypoint to match the real final waypoint
- delete the real final waypoint.

Then load that flightplan into PF3. Keep your flightplan you use with your FMC untouched of course.

Now PF3 will assign the runway 15 to 20 nm before you reach your "real" final waypoint, giving you a little more time to prepare your FMC.