OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:41 pm 

Quote:
I would like to have an option whereby one can select the likelihood of getting a runway change on approach. I get them too frequently now (since the update before last - it didn't used to happen so much), and not always just one change either. Not sure why this happens, when the runways are parallel (8R, then 9L, then 8L..).
As I mentioned elsewhere, runway changes involving parallel runways are usually due to AI activity. For example, PF3 may select 27L based on wind direction and then if AI are later detected using 27R you will be issued a runway change. If this happens you can request the original runway, if you choose. You can also specify your runway preferences on the SID/STAR page, after typing the airport ICAO code. This is very useful when there are parallel runways. For example, if you want to land on 27L, designate the parallel runways as either closed (X) or take-off only (T). Then with westerly winds you will be assigned 27L for landing regardless of which runway the AI are using. (Remember that your runway preference settings affect only the runways PF3 will assign for you, and do not affect the AI.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:01 am 

My ONLY REAL complaint that I'd like to add to the wish list is the ability to redirect output to a headset. I realize I could configure my headset to be windows default but it should be a function of the program. Normal sim sounds go through default speakers and voice goes through the comm device.

Thanx,

Vic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:26 am 

Quote:
My ONLY REAL complaint that I'd like to add to the wish list is the ability to redirect output to a headset. I realize I could configure my headset to be windows default but it should be a function of the program. Normal sim sounds go through default speakers and voice goes through the comm device.
Would https://github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router solve this for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:04 pm 

That's what's funny. I've tried that program on three different systems and sooner or later I get a CTD when using it.

Vic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:38 pm 

I have already made a wishlist entry for that some time ago on the Beta Forum.

I am using the mentioned Audiorouter as a workaround but also would very much prefer a convenient solution within PF3.

When using the Audiorouter make sure to use it before you start the sim. If you run the Audiorouter with the sim running it messes up all kinds of other (in particular addon) sounds and may even crash the sim (as you reported).
For Audiorouter to detect PF3, PF3 has to play a sound. So before starting the sim you have to start PF3 and play a sound, what you can do by selecting a pilot's voice. Then redirect the PF3-sound via the Audiorouter. Only then start the sim. Keep Audiorouter in the background during your session. Also do not close PF3. If you close and restart PF3, the Audiorouter starts over again and you should not do that with the sim running.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:52 am 

I don't know if has been already mentioned, but with nicely working weather radars being available for a while now, a feature I'd love to see is the ability to request a deviation (lateral, not vertical) due to weather.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:39 am 
Site Admin

PF3 already supports 'Request direct to...' a waypoint in your flight plan

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:47 am 

Quote:
PF3 already supports 'Request direct to...' a waypoint in your flight plan
Roger, but I don't think that will help if I want to temporarily divert from the filed plan to fly around bad weather.

But on that subject: I would be cool if PF3 were to issue directs by itself, maybe when traffic is thin. Just a suggestion, for when the really important stuff is done ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:49 am 

Hi,
I downloaded PF Demo and installed last sunday. But I'm wondering if AZERTY french keyboard goes with PF3 ?
If YES, does the hotkey's assignement change or not ? If NO, what can I do ?
And, I'm maybe "stupid" but even I red manual, I don't know how "run" PF3 ATC. With the key of FSX ATC ? ("ù" in french version).
If I click on "ù", I heard FSX ATC and its windows opens.
Yesterday, I wanted to try once more but I heard TWO ATC : PF3 and FSX
Thanks in advance to answer and if all is good, I try and perhaps buy your software.
Regards.
Aviajeff (PPL from FRANCE NANCY LFSN on ROBIN DR-400)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:23 pm 

Quote:
I downloaded PF Demo and installed last sunday. But I'm wondering if AZERTY french keyboard goes with PF3 ?
If YES, does the hotkey's assignement change or not ? If NO, what can I do ?
I suggest using the options menu to define hotkey assignments that suit your keyboard.
If you have further questions about this, please create a separate thread for this topic.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next