OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Feature Requests
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:37 pm 

Hello everyone,

these are some features I'd love to see in PF3. I hope Dave can consider them one day! Here we go:

- "Pause at T/D" option also available en route
- Save game on demand, not only upon a sim crash
- Ability to use COM 2, maybe even parallel to COM 1, e.g. to listen to ATIS

And for me personally, this is the most important one: An option to mute voice output when in VC mode 0 and 1. That way, using voice recognition software like MCE, I could talk to ATC myself in those modes, and then hand over to the FO.

It would be great if those could also be put on the list!

Regards,

Dimitri

Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:48 pm 

Quote:
+1
It's already on the list, I think.
Are you aware that you can save the game by killing the PF3.exe process in the Windows Task Manager? "Save restart data" in the PF3 Options has to enabled for that.
Quote:

And for me personally, this is the most important one: An option to mute voice output when in VC mode 0 and 1. That way, using voice recognition software like MCE, I could talk to ATC myself in those modes, and then hand over to the FO.
I already suggested that twice.

viewtopic.php?t=2317

Hopefully your additional input might be able to move it up the list. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:08 am 

Quote:
I'd like to be able to configure Pause settings during flight, too ... but I'm not sure how this should look in the UI. Do you have an idea?
Quote:
Already on the list as "allow resume without killing PF3".
Quote:
You can switch to COM 2 in settings, but not during the game. But that's on the wish list as "use currently active COM".
Quote:
Already on the list as "make PTT button mute pilot voice".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:49 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I'd like to be able to configure Pause settings during flight, too ... but I'm not sure how this should look in the UI. Do you have an idea?
I was thinking of a simple check box...? Maybe supplemented by a hot key...
Quote:
Already on the list as "allow resume without killing PF3".
Quote:
But that's on the wish list as "use currently active COM".
Quote:
Already on the list as "make PTT button mute pilot voice".
That's great, thanks :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:39 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was thinking of a simple check box...? Maybe supplemented by a hot key...
Ah, I assumed this to be two entries for the wish list:
1. Pause on T/D
2. Allow activating the features for pause on T/D or FAF or ... during the flight (en route).

Added as "Pause at this distance from the T/D", here's the full text:
Quote:
Allow to configure "Pause at this distance from the T/D" configurable the same way as the already existing "Pause at this distance from the FAF/Rwy/Airport".
Or if PF3 does not know the distance beforehand, allow Pause when the first call to descend happens.

This might be nice for VCP mode #3 with aircraft not having auto throttle, because in this case the aircraft might speed up too much during descent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:41 am 

Quote:

- An option to mute voice output when in VC mode 0 and 1.
hi folks,

a BIG +1 on those 2 features:

- it should be possible to talk to ATC (or listen to ATIS) whatever radioset is used as long as the settings are correct (frq, mike, volume, etc.)

- 'mute pilot voice' is a MUST for people using voice recognition

cheers,
HiLok

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:36 pm 

Have only used the demo so far before considering purchasing but have a couple of feature request for consideration.

1. A big thumbs up too for muting the pilot voice when using ptt button when using voice recognition software like MCE. I prefer to speak myself with ATC for clearance, pushback and taxi clearance and only then let the MCE FO take over the comms.

2. Another nice enhancement would be to include Sids / Stars navdata, like many payware aircraft fmcs, and then when entering the airport icao code, display the available sids / stars, allowing the sid or star to be used to be selected, rather than having to manually enter each time. Unless of course with my limited knowledge of the product this is alreacy the case, but from reading the guide I think one has to enter the sid / star to be used for a given runway each time.

I shall definately be purchasing the product in due course once FS++ guys have done their magic with MCE, which currently in the testing phase.

Cheers,
Stuart

Sim: FSXSE
Other relavent software: MCE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:40 pm 

Quote:
2. Another nice enhancement would be to include Sids / Stars navdata, like many payware aircraft fmcs, and then when entering the airport icao code, display the available sids / stars, allowing the sid or star to be used to be selected, rather than having to manually enter each time. Unless of course with my limited knowledge of the product this is alreacy the case, but from reading the guide I think one has to enter the sid / star to be used for a given runway each time.
One saved SID or STAR per runway can be saved and thus is automatically available for your next flight.
But if you want to switch between multiple procedures for one runway, you have to enter them again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:48 pm 

Quote:

I shall definately be purchasing the product in due course once FS++ guys have done their magic with MCE, which currently in the testing phase.

Cheers,
Stuart
Glad you like the product. It will be updated and evolve over time. The problem with your second request is that not everyone has or needs navdata as some flightplanning software such as onlineflightplanner/ Routfinder always use up to date airac cycles. The bottleneck in PF3 is that only one SID/STAR at a time can be assigned to a specific runway. A better method would be a clickable dropdown list and the SID/STAR selected from that. ATC do not actually assign a SID/STAR out of the blue as it were. They are all published and it is the PIC's responsibility to know which SID for example is the correct one for his/her routing. Sometimes there are two and again the PIC will know which one is valid having consulted the charts. Clearance Delivery is in effect a confirmation that ATC have approved your fpl. So the SID for the particular runway in use is always known beforehand. And in real life can actually be written into the fpl as well.

A drop down list that can be populated both manually and/or by your own data is for me the best option. It takes no more than a second or two to select the correct SID/STAR for your route. PF3 already knows to select a different STAR if there is a runway change at your destination. And the advatage here is that you have ultimate control. I see too many examples of generated fpls that are incorrect in numerous ways and the simmer lament about them. They assume that because something is payware it must be right. When it is often not the case. It's not being lazy to consult the charts to check things including minumum safe altitudes etc. It only takes a moment or two to enter the info into PF3. And in that sense PF3 is close to reality in that it is the PIc's legal requirement to have up to date charts and check them. If as PIC you follow a dispatcher's wrong information you are responsible for the outcome not the dispatcher.

Anyway Dave is always open to ideas and if he is in agreement will try to fix it. I think you'll find PF3 the best of the bunch once you get into it. Its flexibility is a large plus.

To learn a bit more about flightplanning go here http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplic ... il&id=2375 CAP 694 from the UK Civil Aviation Authority is the best guide on what goes into and how to fill in a flightplan.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:04 am 

Quote:
Quote:
One saved SID or STAR per runway can be saved and thus is automatically available for your next flight.
But if you want to switch between multiple procedures for one runway, you have to enter them again.

Randomizer 3 will provide the selection of procedures from a dropdown list (one of predefined values or random). The new version also supports MCE. Co-pilots are aware of the procedure and a real name can be specified and read, like "Cowboy six departure".

Roman