OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi. It happens soon after I start my descent (which can be some time before actual approach of course). It can go 'Reduce speed to 310'; 'Reduce speed to 270'; 'Reduce speed to 290'; 'Reduce speed to 270', with just a few seconds between each one.

I will submit a log (I'll make a separate thread - doesn't seem appropriate here) when I get this again. But it would be good whatever to be able to limit things to say just one nag :-)

Thanks.
Are you sure you're running version 3.6?

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:56 pm 

Hi

Would it be possible to get the runway assignment when contacting clearance?
Would help deciding which way to face the jet after push back.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:00 pm 

Quote:
Hi

Thanks
The general procedure is for ATC to clear you to push back tail left/right, nose left/right or facing North/South etc. You will only get the active runway when you report ready to taxi. Which is what already happens in PF3.The option of advising the crew which way to face at pushback has already been brought up. The problem is though that the voice set doesn't cover it very well. And, being an extra feature it's not something that can be done very quickly.
I would suggest that you look carefully at the airport chart to determine which way to face. I know that it can be a problem at complex airports. In which case if I get it wrong I plan an "escape" route if the taxi feature doesn't work. Also you don't have to taxi to the very last holding point either. I quite often jump the queue and press hotkey 6 at the holding point I arrive at.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:17 pm 

Quote:
Hi

Thanks
What I do is monitor the Ground frequency while I do the cockpit preparation. So I know the runway assignments for the AI aircraft which already is a hint which runway I will get. Only problematic can be airports with multiple active runways on either side of the terminal.
And remember, you can always ask for a different runway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:45 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Thanks
The general procedure is for ATC to clear you to push back tail left/right, nose left/right or facing North/South etc. You will only get the active runway when you report ready to taxi. Which is what already happens in PF3.The option of advising the crew which way to face at pushback has already been brought up. The problem is though that the voice set doesn't cover it very well. And, being an extra feature it's not something that can be done very quickly.
I would suggest that you look carefully at the airport chart to determine which way to face. I know that it can be a problem at complex airports. In which case if I get it wrong I plan an "escape" route if the taxi feature doesn't work. Also you don't have to taxi to the very last holding point either. I quite often jump the queue and press hotkey 6 at the holding point I arrive at.
Thanks for the explanation. I just thought it would be a nice feature. But not critical.

I mostly fly from EHAM, so I know which runway to expect depending on the winds. But with 3 north/south runways, it's sometimes a coin flip which one you get.
Not a big problem at EHAM since there's usually only one way to go when you leave the gates and you can find "escape" routes if you happen to face the wrong way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:17 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Thanks
Thanks for the explanation. I just thought it would be a nice feature. But not critical.

I mostly fly from EHAM, so I know which runway to expect depending on the winds. But with 3 north/south runways, it's sometimes a coin flip which one you get.
Not a big problem at EHAM since there's usually only one way to go when you leave the gates and you can find "escape" routes if you happen to face the wrong way.
One can always "close" runways for take-off or landing. I do that in afcad and also in PF3. Heathrow EGLL for example.