Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:05 am 

Hi,
New user here :)
Apologize if these were asked already but could not find it in the thread-
1. Is dynamic SID/STAR assignment planned to be supported in a future release? I mean providing the ability to change them after starting PF3 in case runway assignments change. Today, if there if no mutual SID/STAR waypoint exists, it is hard getting around the planning and execution of it (even with the dedicated planning tools provided in PF3)
2. Is an in flight menu planned? Giving the ability to choose options instead of memorizing hot keys.

Generally I am happy with the program!
I find only these 2 features missing from making this program perfect

Thanks and nice weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:27 am 
Site Admin

1. No. Beside, if you omit leave SIDs/STARs from your flight plan and use PF3's method of naming and using them then they are of course dynamic and relate to whichever runway you are given.

2. Have you tried PF3 Display?

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

Without a log it didn't happen!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:44 pm 

2. Another option to control PF3 is via voice.
Take a look at Multi Crew Experience. It interacts with PF3 and you control PF3 via voice recognition. You can even use your First Officer to talk to PF3.
Highly recommended!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:48 pm 

Thanks I’ll check these options out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:33 am 

Hi,
A couple of additional things I've noticed (feature requests?) -
1. Can the FAF altitude be defined as AGL and not MSL (assuming the program knows how to read the terrain elevation) - I know this can be set manually for every airport but this will eliminate the need to do so...
2. ATC request to accelerate descend/climb in case it is predicted you are not getting to the goal altitude at a pre-defined point
3. Request for expedited takeoff in case there is an aircraft on short final

I'm not sure if the below are known issues?
1. Aircraft flying above FL180 get altimeter settings from ATC
2. ATC priority over other AI traffic (mostly relevant in major hubs & condensed centers) - yesterday I was asked to taxi into position and hold at KATL and got takeoff clearance only after few mins due to the exhaustive chatter/requests coming to/from tower.

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
1. Can the FAF altitude be defined as AGL and not MSL (assuming the program knows how to read the terrain elevation) - I know this can be set manually for every airport but this will eliminate the need to do so...
It is AGL
Quote:
2. ATC request to accelerate descend/climb in case it is predicted you are not getting to the goal altitude at a pre-defined point
Actually it isn't ATC's job to monitor your climb/descend to that degree. Their job is difficult enough, handling many aircraft at the same time, without having to do that as well.
Quote:
Thank you
Quote:
Not really sure what you mean. If you believe this to be an bug please post it separately as I don't wish to expand this thread with such discussions
Quote:
2. ATC priority over other AI traffic (mostly relevant in major hubs & condensed centers) - yesterday I was asked to taxi into position and hold at KATL and got takeoff clearance only after few mins due to the exhaustive chatter/requests coming to/from tower.
Welcome to the real world ;)

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

Without a log it didn't happen!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:21 am 

Quote:
Quote:
It is AGL

In the manual it states ASL so I guess ASL=AGL? Guess I confused it with MSL ;)
Quote:
Actually it isn't ATC's job to monitor your climb/descend to that degree. Their job is difficult enough, handling many aircraft at the same time, without having to do that as well.
OK
Quote:
Thank you
Quote:
Not really sure what you mean. If you believe this to be an bug please post it separately as I don't wish to expand this thread with such discussions
What I mean is that cruising aircraft above FL180 get an altimeter setting, It is standard above FL180 so why is ATC communicating altimeter settings?
Quote:
Welcome to the real world ;)
Agreed :D