OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Feature Requests

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 11  [ 107 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 511 »
tankieboy
Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:11 pm

Is it possible to designate more than one parking spot at an airport? If not, can this be a feature?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:08 pm
Site Admin

tankieboy wrote: *  Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:11 pm
Is it possible to designate more than one parking spot at an airport? If not, can this be a feature?
It's not and it could.

Are you saying if the first one is unavailable ATC send you to the next one of your choice?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
tankieboy
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:53 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:08 pm
tankieboy wrote: *  Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:11 pm
It's not and it could.

Are you saying if the first one is unavailable ATC send you to the next one of your choice?
Exactly this.

Profile Quote
voju24
Post subject: Controlled Airspace -> VFR Transit
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:43 pm

Hi Dave,

I just recently got back to using your amazing piece of ATC simulation software and set it up for use with MSFS :)
Skipping a lot of versions I was also delighted to see all the additions to the VFR side of PF3, something that I found a bit lacking in the past but now my experience is much better!

It also works nicely departing and arriving at controlled airfields.
There is one feature I'd love to see added in some shape and that is transiting through (vfr-)controlled airspace (usually over an airport), because I think it is one of the most interesting parts of VFR flight planning. Obviously there are like a 100'000 ways those transits work in real life but I think it would just be nice to be able to simulate it a bit better. Right now I simulate it by changing my flight plan to IFR on FSS when entering e.g. Bravo Airspace and changing it back to VFR when leaving it. It kinda works but is very cumbersome and not immersive at all and there's probably also some information lost along the way, at least that was my impression.

Basically the way I imagine it as VFR you'd need some kind of hotkey to request transit and then you would get a discretionary squawk code if you don't have one and some kind of cleared to transit message and then you can be vectored or just left alone. Then when leaving the pilot would need to report leaving over the same hotkey again and be assigned squawk vfr and resume own navigation (unless I guess he already had a discretionary squawk before). I guess it's kinda self-service transit. Of course, one could even imagine chance of being denied to clear the entrance into the airspace :D.

Obviously this is just a rough idea. To give some examples of how this works also for people interested I have searched some real life videos from different countries where you can hear the clearance to enter:
UK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeIOMBoOyWA
Switzerland: https://youtu.be/fZlIz4MOrOQ?t=754
US: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI9xkEvouhY
Australia: https://youtu.be/3ffZ1DcI_KE?t=96 (for sightseeing not transit but the idea still works)
Netherlands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp_W8H5zcso&t=774s

Short summary: Right now you can depart controlled airspace and arrive at controlled airspace under VFR nicely but you cannot transit through. I'd love to see a feature to simulate the transit through airspace where vfr traffic is controlled to simulate crossing a busy airport's airspace under VFR to close that gap for exciting vfr flight plans :)

Best,
David

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:06 am
Site Admin

Thank you for your kind words and more importantly your well delivered request. I will certainly put this on my to do list.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:10 pm

Hi.. Wondering if things could be tweaked so that the VCP modes work the same for non ATC-controlled airports as with those with a tower.

In the latter case, once I switch to mode 2 (which I usually do as I approach the takeoff runway), the VCP tunes to all frequencies for me. If I am flying to/from a non-controlled ('Radio') airport though, ATC tells me to tune to departure or approach, and gives the frequency, but the VCP doesn't do it. If you don't take a note of the frequency ATC gives you, at the time it is given, you're lost. In any case, since I nearly always fly to/from airports with tower frequencies, I almost never remember that the VCP doesn't autotune the radios in these cases, and forget to tune to approach manually, ending up landing in radio silence as a result.

Would seem logical for the VCP to do the same in these cases as with a tower approach?

Thanks!

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:27 am

Of course you know better what can be done and what not. But just to be clear, I don't mean modifying the callsign of the doppelganger's entity in Prepar3d, just the flight number that is output in PF3. Whenever the duplicate callsign is called in Prepar3d's ATC, PF3 could internally - instead of culling it - change it and output the modified callsign.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:51 pm

Hi Dave... just to note, re. my recent post in this thread, a few days ago (previous page, 14), it also seems that if you start at a non-ATC controlled airport but fly into one with a tower, though PF3 says 'Contact Tower on 118.1' (or whatever) as it hands you off for approach, this does not happen in any VCP mode. In other words, after leaving from an airport with a tower and/or ground control, contacting the tower happens automatically in PF3 (in Mode 2 or 3 at least). On the other hand, if the departure airport is only on 'Radio', then the VCP will not contact the destination airport tower automatically as you approach, (as it always does if you left from an ATC-controlled airport).

Hope that makes sense! :-)

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:31 am

Few requests. I dont know how feasible are they.
1 Simbrief integration. no need to download plan in .pln format. As soon as the plan is created, PF3 will recognise it.
2 CPDLC link to request departure clearance for aircraft like Fenix/PMDG etc.Either direct way or through Hoppie
3 Navigraph integration for accurate SID/STAR approaches. (Currently we can add constraints manually) IT will also help to avoid terrain

I know I am being greedy but I feel that if these features are included, PF3 will be almost as good as real life ATC.

Best wishes
Ash

Profile Quote
Grzegorz
Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:21 pm

Some good wishes for the new features:
1. once reported by me, among others, the ability to ask to bypass the weather, e.g. Ask left by 10 degrees to avoid
2. the ability to ask for holding - sometimes pilots ask to wait out a storm near the airport, or to get an idea of the weather
3. possibility to ask for other approaches, e.g. RNAV, VOR
4. possibility to get permission to taxi to remote stand for de-icing purposes
5. this request depends on the technical capabilities of PF3, but it would be good for the program to use navdata base e.g. from navigraph which would improve its operation especially in critical phases of departures and arrivals. Today you have to set everything manually e.g. SID procedure. If the program used an external database, it would have everything ready e.g. speed limits, altitude to the same procedures e.g. on approach.

Best regards
Grzegorz Pawlik

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 11  [ 107 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 511 »
Jump to: