OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Feature Requests

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 5 of 10  [ 99 posts ]
Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 710 »
pilotguy27
Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:26 pm

Happy New Year Dave!!! After reading previous posts, I agree with several of the ideas. I think that Simbrief integration would be awesome. It is very common nowadays with flight simulation apps. Also, having the ability to be cleared for RNAV, RNP and VOR approaches would be awesome. Right now, if those types of approaches are flown, we have to pretend we are cleared for it. It would just add a little bit of modernization to the program (by the way I love this program and have been using it for years).

Also, here in the USA, most ILS approaches have vectors to final when the STAR is completed. I might be missing something, but it would be nice to be cleared for a STAR, fly the STAR than be vectored to final. Right now, I just do it on my own. Again, I might be missing something in the configuration.

An option to request course deviation to avoid weather and choice to be taxied to the de-icing stand and continue taxi after deicing would be very nice.

This one I would love to see. When loading previous stored flight plans to re-fly, it would be nice to be able to enable disable the STARS and SIDs from the edit flight plan page or the page where the the flight plans are loaded. Right now, you have to go the SIDs/Stars to enable/disable. It adds an extra step when re-loading plans and it is easy to forget. I cannot tell you how many time the flight experience was ruined when I forget to enable/disable the SID/STAR when re-flying a plan to/from an airport that does/does not have one. I just think it would make things a bit easier and when setting up a flight and have all the pertinent settings are on one page. Just a thought....

Again, thank you for this wonderful piece of software. And as always, thank you for the prompt support you provide.

Profile Quote
flyforever
Post subject: Re: Cannot move PF3
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:08 pm

When an option window is opened in PF3, the main PF3 window cannot be moved around with the mouse cursor. The options windows can be moved, but the main window cannot. This is an issue when I am using a flight planner and, at the same time, I am using PF3 to load and modify a flight plan. Sometimes the main window obstructs critical sections of the flight planner, thus forcing me to close the second window in order to move the main window to another spot on the desktop.
Is there's a reason why PF3 main should remain fixed on the desktop when I am working with an option window?
thanks
tony

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:24 am

flyforever wrote: *  Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:08 pm
Is there's a reason why PF3 main should remain fixed on the desktop when I am working with an option window?
That's a feature of Windows and depends on how the child window is invoked - you will see the same if you open a file in Notepad and try 'File/Save As'.
Are you not able to move the main PF3 window before selecting options? PF3 will remember its main window position across invocations.

Martin

Profile Quote
flyforever
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:52 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I am aware of the fact that PF3 can be moved as a single window and that it also remembers its last location. The reason for my "feature" suggestion is that a flight planner such as Little Navmap usually takes up a large section of the screen. Depending on what I am doing in the process of "tweaking" the flight plan according to what PF3 "likes", the primary windows gets in the way.
tony

Profile Quote
gabriel122
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:24 am

Ashun wrote: *  Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:31 am
Few requests. I dont know how feasible are they.
1 Simbrief integration. no need to download plan in .pln format. As soon as the plan is created, PF3 will recognise it.
2 CPDLC link to request departure clearance for aircraft like Fenix/PMDG etc.Either direct way or through Hoppie
3 Navigraph integration for accurate SID/STAR approaches. (Currently we can add constraints manually) IT will also help to avoid terrain

I know I am being greedy but I feel that if these features are included, PF3 will be almost as good as real life ATC.

Best wishes
Ash
Yes Yes!!Simbrief and Navigraph integration ( the latter is more critical)
one more feature is Let ATC give me SID on clearance and STAR on approach according to FP (instead of me planning) will be more realistic!!!!!
But nevertheless, PF3 is still the most stable and logical ATC software comparing with P2ATC FSHUD and the walking dead PROATC SR!!
Big Shout to you Dave!!

Profile Quote
flyforever
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:45 pm

Hi Dave,
After loading a flight plan, at times I decide that I want to check the "STAR" box. However, once I go into the SID/STAR option menu to check the box, I am forced to reload the flight plan. It would make more sense to make this option as part of the flight plan editing option. I think that the flight plan edit should have this option and it should supercede the one in the SID/STAR.
tony

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:56 pm

Profile Quote
flyforever
Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:02 pm

Yes, and thank you for the tremendous amount of effort in your writeup. PF3 needs a bit more loving care in this area.

Profile Quote
ggerolamo
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:29 am

Hello Dave

I have a wish for a future release ;-)
Would it be possible to start the TGS.exe automatically as soon as I get the 'Taxi Instructions' - until now I always have to start the TGS.exe manually in Windows !
Ingenious would be also to close the TGS.exe, as soon as I received the Takeoff - release :-)

I can wish for it ;-)

regards
ggerolamo

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:14 pm
Site Admin

PF3 already starts TGS automatically... if it's not happening for you then it could be a security issue whereby your AV or other security program doesn't like PF3 starting an external application.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 10  [ 99 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 710 »
Jump to: