OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Feature Requests

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 10  [ 99 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 510 »
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:13 pm
Site Admin

musky wrote: *  Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:58 pm
Been using PF3 for a couple of years now after several years of using Radar Contact and there a few feature requests/improvements I would like to put forward for consideration.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Quote:
For me the Holding process in PF3 is a little too staged managed in that it is you the pilot who specifies where in the plan the hold is going to be. I think it would be better if you set the % probability of a hold (0% means no hold) and PF3 chooses where the hold takes place. And perhaps the addition of a hold for weather option.
We take the view that you know where holding points are when checking your charts and so provide you with a means to indicate to PF3 where they are, otherwise PF3 would have no idea.
Quote:
Being able request fly Direct to specific waypoint in plan. To work the same way as Warp to waypoint works but you have to fly towards it rather be positioned at it.
This is already implemented. Please see section 9.5 of the PF3 User Guide

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
awralls
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:39 pm

Descending in holds.

While it is possible to cheat somewhat by saving a flight plan in FS9 text format, duplicating the hold waypoint and then in PF3 allocating different altitudes to the two occurances, it's fiddly and not terribly realistic.

What would be great would be to receive descent instructions in the hold. These could be randomised both in altitude and occurence. So, you may receive 0,1,2 or 3 descents in the hold (depending on length of hold) and each descent might be 1,000 or 2,000 feet.

Andy

Profile Quote
BF Bullpup
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Greetings! I will use this thread to remind Dave that I would really like for closed captions to still be visible even when Taxi Monitor is active. I am deaf and no captions show up for me when I hold short of a runway prior to crossing it and hitting 0 to ask the controller for permission. I can hear a spoke dialogue but obviously couldn't make it out and needed captions. It would make taxiing a little more immersive for me.

I just tested the new 3.10.2 version and everything else continues to work well! Thank you for the continuing support and Happy Holidays.

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:49 am

Feature request:
Would it be possible in a future update to add additional descent rates of 400 fpm, 300 fpm and 200 fpm to the configurable aircraft presets in the Load a Flight Plan window?

Yes, I know this isn't realistic but there is a reason for my asking.

I fly classic-era propellor planes almost exclusively. The largest, such as the Douglas DC-7 and Bristol Britannia descend gently, but at high speed - for instance the Britannia descends at around 180 KIAS/500 fpm. I do not get descent instructions until far too late. I suspect your software is assuming that rather smaller and slower aircraft descend at that rate.

If I have a large aircraft that descends at 700 fpm, I can get PF3 to give me descent instructions at a suitable time if I set the profile to 600 or 500 fpm. But there is no scope to cheat the system like that if the aircraft normally descends at 500 fpm. Hence my reason for asking for the extra settings to be added. Hopefully this would be a simple change to implement, rather than me asking for major modifications to the software when I am probably your only user that is stuck in the past.

For now I request descent with the L key at the appropriate point so I can manage, but it would be nicer to get proper instructions.

Best regards,

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:54 am
Site Admin

Not quite that easy I'm afraid. Yes I could add additional entries but it would throw everyone's presets out as the data held is the position in the list chosen. i.e. if you had chosen 500' it would be saved as '1'. Now if I add 200, 300 and 400 to the list your preset, when recalled, would be set to 200!

Have to give this some more thought

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rick Schaefer
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:00 pm

When a STAR is defined in the adjustment page, it would be nice to have both a start and a end for the STAR. The end would also allow you to enter an ending altitude for the STAR before terminating into the approach. Then, ATC will call out something like "cleared via XXXX STAR. Descend at pilots discretion to XXXX. Altimeter XX.XX". Altimeter call only applies if the STARs final altitude is below the transition, of course. What do you think?

-Rick

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:48 pm

Any chance that in a future update the 'Load a Flight Plan' window could be 'grabbable' at the edges with the mouse, so that it can be drawn out bigger? Many file names disappear off the right-hand edge of the window and where there are similarly-named plans, it's not possible to see which is which (the 'crucial' info being too far to the right).

Also be good (whilst you were at it Dave!), if, as has been suggested before, hitting, say, the Y' key on the keyboard would scroll the plan list down to the start of plans beginning with 'Y'. SO many flight plans now... That's just a tiny added convenience of course.

Martin

Profile Quote
Fighter Guy
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:26 am

Hey Dave,

I haven't noticed in this in the feature requests so I thought I'd might give it a shot. Since we have the ability to request climbs and descents based on weather and turbulence, How about adding the ability to request a heading off course for weather or what have you, with the response being "cleared as requested or unable at this time" and report when back on course" or something to that effect? Just an idea I thought might be pretty cool for, IMHO the premier ATC program.

Tony J

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:48 pm

I would like to request an improved way of setting PF3 up for requesting to be vectored to the ILS/Arrival runway during approach phase.

Currently you have to make sure the “Use STAR” checkbox is unchecked and that you have a STAR entered in the Airports page arrival runway. However, if your arrival airport has several runways like EHAM and the live weather is light and variable you literally have to manually enter a STAR for every runway to ensure you get vectors because you have no idea what runway PF3 is going to assign.

2 possible enhancements would be to add another checkbox on the SID/STAR page so you had Vectors to ILS checkbox as well as the use Default SID name & Use STAR checkboxes.

Another solution would be to have Hotkey 7 “Request Vectors” during the approach phase to be responded to by PF3 granting request for vectors to ILS.

Of course if there is no radar control at an arrival airport then I have no problem with being told by PF3 that request for vectors is unable at this time”

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:36 pm

How about an option to request clearance through CPDLC? With more and more aircrafts allow use of CPDLC communication feature, which is currently availiable only for VATSIM or VIAO users, it may be so realistiic to use CPDLC link for initial clearance or for requesting change in flight level.

Thanks

Ash

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 10  [ 99 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 510 »
Jump to: